[5 - Stranger With A Breakin]

[5 - Stranger with a Break In]

Arkin woke up one morning with his face buried in your hair. Usually, his mind ran at 100 miles an hour, but you helped him calm down. He didn’t know how, he didn’t know why, but you made him feel almost human. Like he wasn’t a monster.

You had been living with Arkin for almost a week, and you had fallen into a schedule. You’d wake up, get dressed, he’d drive you to school in his new car, he’d come home, he’d work for eight hours or so, he’d go pick you up from school, then you’d have dinner and play (favorite video game) for a few hours before getting ready for bed. You had also gotten used to sharing a bed. It was big enough, and you didn’t take up much space, not that Arkin cared or anything. You could take the entire bed if you wanted to. It was just odd when you asked him why he changed from an Audi to a little blue electric bug.

Arkin was a good boy. He kept his hands to himself. It made his heart skip a beat every time he went to get dressed and found your clothes mixed with his. He had the paperwork to send in to your school to officially change your address to his. He was so excited, but he tried not to seem overly so. He knew now that he loved you, like a man could love a dog. But people don’t usually love their dogs like-

As I was saying, he woke up with his face in your hair and your face buried in his chest while your arms were draped over his torso. He let go of you gently, and after a while he finally moved your sleeping form off of him so that he could leave the room. He didn’t like being apart from you, even just to go make breakfast, but fresh waffles could make you smile. He’d kill to see that smile. As he left the room, however, he knew something was off.

Arkin walked into the living room hesitantly, and the faint smell of lilacs drifted to his nose. The door was closed, but unlocked, the pillow on the couch was moved over about a half centimeter, and a window was cracked open. He heard the small sound of bare feet hitting the floor as someone exited the restroom behind him. The hair on the back of his neck stood up.

“‘Ello, Arkin,” said a female with a scottish accent. Arkin didn’t dare turn around. He knew exactly who it was. All the signs pointed to it being Adilia DeMeo. “What? No hugs for old times sake?” He cringed, and heard the gentle sound of the springs of the bed creak. This is not a good time, YN.

He turned around hesitantly, and came face to face with a ginger woman. She was shorter than him by almost a foot, with long curled red hair, the same shade of his, and green eyes, also the same shade of his. She was just shorter than you. She wore a pair of shorts with leggings underneath, a t-shirt, and a large red sweatshirt. Her pale bare feet touched the floor gently, and her pale pink lips were in a fant smirk.

“Adilia,” Arkin stated coldly. She pouted her lower lip out. He needed to get her out of the apartment before she saw you. If she didn’t know you were there yet.

“What, no attempt to kill me yet, Arkin? You’re getting slow.” Arkin scoffed as the short woman laughed, running her hand through her hair. She paused for a moment. “And you’ve started wearing Old Spice… and Strawberry scented shampoo?” He scoffed, noticing how uncomfortable the sound made her. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw her clench her fist.

“Maybe I just like the smell of strawberries,” He said, crossing his arms over his chest.

“No, no, no,” she snorted. “You don’t wear strawberries. You don’t….” she smirked.“Then who-” Arkin was about to pack. She raised her eyebrows and smirked. “A little friend, eh? Moved on so quickly, my dear.” Just at the wrong moment, you peeked your head around the corner, looking at them. Arkin made the mistake of glancing in your direction for a split second, because Adilia noticed this and turned on her heels. Her eyes landed on you, who was halfway out the door and wearing Arkin’s clothes.