Bob's new suit

Bob's getting ready for "work" and sees a tear in his supersuit.

Bob: Ah, jeez.

Helen: (Shouting in the distance) Hurry, Honey! Or you'll be late for work!

Bob puts his suit on his briefcase and goes to the door.

Helen: Have a great day, Honey.

Bob: Thanks.

Helen: Help customers, climb ladders...

Bob: Bring bacon?

Helen: All that jazz.

Bob drives away. Then it shows the gate of another house on top of a hill. A screen displays a video feed of a guard.

Guard: You have an appointment?

Bob: I’m an old friend. I just wanted to...

Guard: All visitors are required to make a reser--

Edna: (shoos the guard away) Hey, get back to work! Go check the electric fence or something! (to Bob) What is it? Who are you? What do you want?

Bob lowers his sunglasses

Edna: My God, you’ve gotten fat. Come in, Come, come! (Gates open)

Now Bob and E walk down a hallway.

Edna: Yes, things are going quite well. Quite well. My God, no complaints. But, you know, it is not the same. Not the same at all.

Bob: Weren’t you just in the news? Some show in Prayge...Prague?

Edna: Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. HA! Nothing super about them. Spoiled, stupid, little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. FEH! I used to design for gods!

She shows Bob a statue of man like god who is wearing a cape like fountain.

Edna: Mmm. But perhaps you come with a challenge, eh? I was surprised to get your call.

Bob: E, I just need a patch job.

Edna: Hmm. This is megamesh. Outmoded, but very sturdy. And you’ve torn right through it! What have you been doing, Robert? Moonlighting hero work?

Bob: Must have happened a long time ago.

Edna: I see. This is a hobo suit. Darling, you can’t be seen in this! I won’t allow it! Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now?

Bob: What do you mean? You designed it.

Edna: I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. You need a new suit. That much is certain.