Cold as ice...

No one got to know they had arrived at the tower, and Nat was even quite happy about it. She had received too much attention lately. Besides, entering from the back door was always easier.To her surprise, nothing seemed to have been damaged beyond repair, despite the fact that she had been on run for weeks and the explosions tended to take place every other day. The tower's security guards who had acompanied Tony on his trip to Alaska sent them to the elevator and then left. Tony asked AI to take them to the highest floor. Natasha fidgeted a little while standing in the elevator, because she felt uncomfortable. She was a villain and a criminal in this story, because she had been hiding everything so far. Tony didn't seem disturbed. In fact, he seemed to be in a good mood, because he was humming a melody that sounded familiar to Natasha, but she couldn't recognize it.

Tony was in a really good mood. Better than before, that for sure. His trip to Alaska had gone better than he had expected it to go. They had been able to get in contact with Yaila and she had agreed to return to the tower to talk about finding a peace that suits both of them. Tony's original plans also had included the option that they wouldn't find Miss or that she would refuse to return. Besides, sitting in that natural fridge there hadn't been as bad as he remembered from the last time he had visited it. In his memories there had been hellishly cold when he did research there to discover how to create a more frost-resistant technology. The research had gone very great. Only minus was that he also developed the eternal fear of cold. The people who had been his co-workers there could also understand why. Some of them had experienced similar aftereffects. They all almost froze to death, at some point of their research, when the new cold record was recorded. A few participants had lost their toes, fingers and nose to the cold, but the doctors were more than happy to help if they were paid and now no one could have said that something like this had ever happened. However, the sight of those events had been terrifying enough for the participants in the research, that none of them would go out just for fun, if the degrees were below zero (celsius). There had to be a very good reason for that . Already zero degrees seemed like minus twenty. So there were a lot of problems with this trauma. Tony had managed to get over it enough to endure the weather, but Siberia, Canada, Alaska, Japan and Russia. The winters in those countries were still the craziest and worst nightmares anyone could have imagined. That's why he suspected that Yaila had deliberately run to Alaska. Fortunately, everything went smoothly. A couple of panic attacks were not a bad achievement considering the situation and the story, right?

The elevator stopped on the top floor. Natasha had never been there before, because the number of people who could go there can be nicely shown with one hand. No one from the laboratory department had access to this floor. Stepping out of the elevator, it was already clear that the whole floor was designed to be comfortable and luxurious. Pepper, whom Nat had met on the lower floors a few times before, was there to greet Tony on his return and inform him of his new responsibilities and tasks. She seemed a little surprised when she noticed Nat, but whatever she thought, she left it unannounced.

Tony quickly searched for a few blank papers and turned them into handwritten documents, which Natasha received after Tony had finished writing his terms. However, the handwriting was not the worst thing about these pages. The worst part of these documents was the additional conditions written in small print, which she had to examine with a magnifying glass. How could anyone write something so small without a magnifying glass? However, Natasha did examine them with a magnifying glass not because she hadn't seen them before, but because they were annoying and dangerous. For example, one of those little insidious conditions would have required her to have a small tracker on her all the time, so that Stark could know her location. This condition had to be taken out. Firmly. Natasha didn't want to be surveilled at any moment. However, she agreed to stay in the tower and away from the audience. The last traces of her disappeared in Alaska, and so the employers of this cursed work should have taken enough time to find her, so she could complete the work she was given. The requirement written in small print, about her real name and job description, also got removed. She knew why the other party wanted to know them, but she didn't want to mess around with this kind of information, so she just crossed them off. To avoid problems. She wasn't bothered when Tony and others called her Yaila. She doubted whether to allow the security guards to send her if, for example, she should have gone shopping, but decided not to remove it. This made it a lot easier to obtain weapons legally in case of emergencies. Of course nobody notices if she takes a gun from an unconscious or dead security guard. It wouldn't really have been necessary, because Tony had already decided to look for a gun for her, noticing that she had a solid hand and previous experience. Nat herself, added only one condition, but that meant it had to be kept even more strictly than everything else in the list. This condition required that no one will ever investigate about her job. Finally, after a long dispute , because Tony was disturbed by the fact that nothing showed Nat's whereabouts to him, they were able to sign a contract. Nat had threatened to leave Tony again if tracker gets added back to the list and also reminded him that no kidnapper could catch her if Tony had barely managed to do it with his resources.

This calmed the Tonys nerve enough so no trackers would be included, and that's how Nat's or Yaila's (for the tower inhabitants) days in the tower began. As it turned out, it wasn't the worst choice she had made in her life. Nat was still allowed to disguise as a towers employee, but she had to make sure she didn't do anything too dangerous or exhausting. What made her question, "What is too dangerous or exhausting? You can even drown in a puddle. Life itself is dangerous." Her disguise also had to get approved by Tony if she wanted to go to "work". Not the most impossible task, but a tedious thing to do on a daily basis. The only thing what was hard for her to do was get out of the tower, because the newspapers wouldn't have stopped fantasizing if anyone had recognized her, as a mysterious woman who had been able to seduce Tony Stark. Namely, it was leaked (Tony was mad about it) that Tony has a partner he meets and spends most of his evenings with. That itself wasn't something too terrible, because no one knew the characterics or whether this partner was a woman at all, but it was dangerous nonetheless. Nat had signs that she spends most of her time in the tower and vice versa. Because of her the tower seemed to stay in one shape and people seemed to notice it. As a result, neither of these "endangered by news" characters preferred not to be seen together.

After a unknown number of days, Tony waited nervously in the waiting room. Yaila was giving birth, but because things weren't going too well, he had been expelled from the room like last time she had to be in the hospital so he wouldn't make it even riskier. Finally, after a hours of twisting his fingers, which had seemed like centuries or millenias to him, the door was opened and his name called. "Yes." He replied in a hurry. The nurse, who had called his name, flipped through her documents and reported. "We wish you luck. Your wife gave birth to a son who still needs a respirator at the moment, but whose condition we were able to stabilise. You can go visit them. "After that, she gave Tonyle a ward number, who then stepped there as a pile of nerves, but calmed down when he saw Yaila's tired but happy face, which showed how satisfied she was with herself. The little boy, for who they had to go through all this nerve destructing events, seemed so tiny between the machines that kept him alive. As Tony later found out, the baby was too weak to breathe on his own when he was born, and that was one of the reasons why everything had been so difficult for everyone.

Editors note: I just realized that author likes to make The Black Widow smile or smirk and Tony swear. Also, we're back at writing long chapters.