Pain in the...

The shock was almost enough to give him a heart attack, on the next day, he got a call from the administration desk, saying that there is some woman who would like to meet him and talk about an offer. Tony knew who it was. He was even more sure about who it wasn't. Yet his heart did a sudden painful jump, which didn't help him forget those old feelings at all, when he finally saw the woman.

She had come with two suitcases and her disguise on. Without disturbing colorful lights, she looked even more like Yaila. But it was Паук as Tony's brain finally recognized her after she started talking.

"You gave me an offer that you wanted me to consider." she said with a voice full of strength. No trembling notes, Tony noticed while nodding to Паук. "My answer to your offer is yes. I was not ready to answer yesterday but now I'm here." 

Tony looked at her silently like a fish out of water. Паук sighed, removed her disguise and offered him a hand to shake, saying "Nice to meet you. My name is Natasha Romanova and I'm called the Black Widow or Паук." Tony took the hand and shook it lightly "The pleasure is mine. I think you already know who I am, but in case you forgot, I'm Tony Stark. Also known as Iron Man." he said, but for some reason he sounded a bit disappointed which Nat couldn't understand.

"Now it's time to make a little agreement," the millionaire lifted a finger to catch her full attention and seem more confident in what he was saying "Let's not talk about what we said at the Black Raven." Natasha nodded. She had planned on asking the same thing, but now there was no need for that. Stark had had the same plans.

While walking to school Peter tried to rethink what had happened last night. Everything had been so big that he had problems with fully understanding what exactly had happened. But considering the situation everything had gone well, right? Nobody had learned his secret identity and he didn't have to fight any of the heroes, even when the situation got intense. He had even made an agreement to meet up with Stark. That last thing made his stomach drop because if Stark wanted to get rid of him, that would be the perfect way to achieve it. Nobody would ever learn what became of Spider, or orphan Peter.

Peter was trying to think of a solution to the problem, so he didn't even notice Flash when he walked right into him, and he wasn't the best person to anger in the morning. Still in his thoughts, Peter just ran fast enough for Flash to not catch him and got into the safe class before anyone else.

For the rest of the day he had problems with focusing on classes as he let his brain deal with other problems with full capacity, while the teachers were doing their best to get answers out of him.

For Natasha the day went great. She grabbed her pre-packed suitcases, immediately after she had finished tying the final loose ends, and took off to the tower, so she could say her yes word to the offer they had given her.

 The tower left an uninviting impression, but for some reason she couldn't shake off the feeling that she has seen it all happen before. She knew that she had had a job involving the tower before, but that was around 15 years ago and the mission back then had been to find out the identity of the person, who was behind the costume, which later became known as Iron Man. She had a suspicion that she hadn't completed the job or it had been an unsuccessful mission in every way possible, because it was still active, when she had visited her base. It was probably a mission she had accidentally forgotten, because otherwise it would have been in the almost nonexistent list for incompletable jobs. She had added it to the list, where it now resided, when she had tried to understand who had been the person or company to make this unusual offer.

 Natasha had noticed how Stark had had a sour expression on his face when he stepped out of the elevator to greet her upon her arrival. And now the imaginary voices called thoughts, were arguing about the potential reasons why someone like Tony Stark would make such a face, at that moment. His expression had improved, when she had taken off her disguise and introduced herself to him. So the reason had probably been somehow related to it, but the hint of sadness and fear, which you could mistake for anxiety, didn't leave his face even after that. In any case, it was something Natasha had no interest in being involved with, if possible. Mostly because that way she could never know too much. Could a person even know too much? 

She followed Stark when he told her to do so, so that he could take her to meet the other members of the team. On the way there she imagined how much they would pay her, if she would become a cleaner at that place.