Fragments...

It had been quite some time since he had visited the Black Raven. Last time had been when he met Natasha there. Now he was taking her there as they both knew the place and found it somewhat nostalgic. Also they made heavenly coffee there if you paid for it. Black Raven was still a bub so normally they served cocktails and some lighter food. (Something easy to make. Like coffee. (Usually Irish.))  

The light was soft but there wasn't enough of it and the whole place had a mysterious vibe. It also applied to her smile. Tony could hardly guess what she was thinking about. Maybe she found the atmosphere in the building likable. As far as he knew, she was someone whose story was still hidden in the dark and she had no intentions to bring it out for everyone to see. But it wasn't something he cared about. Yaila had been almost the same so he had no problems with placing his trust in his teammate. She was free to do what she pleased and even if he had wanted, there was no way he could stop her from doing anything.

"May I have this dance?" 

He hadn't planned it but moment seemed to be right so he risked. Rejection would have hurt, but he could live with it. She had already agreed to go out with him, so he could count that as a win.

"Well, it sounds tempting but won't it cause problems? You have quite wild public image already."

"Little more wouldn't hurt. Besides, who would take pictures here?"

She smiled cunningly "Everyone with a phone. And then there's Sandra Mint. I think you two already know each other."

"Mint!" Tony shouted with disappointment clearly shown in his voice.

"Yes." Said the journalist, as she emerged from the crowd.

"Why are you here?"

"I wasn't sure you took my threat seriously enough to follow the plan."

"But it hasn't even been a day! What do you hope to see?"

"Interaction with other people and I wanted to see that you won't go into bub to drink alone and drown yourself in the self pity during your drinking session."

"Have you seen it now?"

"Yes. And I Thank you Natasha." She smiled at Nat who was little bit confused, but she didn't let it show.

"Pleasure is mine. But do we know each other? You seem somewhat familiar."

Mint shook her head. "I don't think so. It would be highly unlikely."

It seemed to disappoint Natasha. She didn't know what she had hoped for with asking Mint something like that, but the answer hadn't given her anything.

"I hope you will now leave us alone, as I want to go and dance with her while no one is looking." Tony told Mint his demand for privacy.

Mint nodded and left. Natasha was still in her thoughts. She couldn't shake off feeling that she had met the journalist before. But she forgot it for a moment and moved to the dancefloor. There was no need to think at all. For a moment she could pretend that nothing around her was real and that she wasn't who she was.

Her head started to hurt again, but as it did so every time she tried to remember something from her lost past, she paid it no attention at all. And then, with almost every move she made, fragments of something what had once been, started to pour into her head. But were they true? Had she really met Stark before? Did they really have a child? She pushed him away, dizzy from memories what were filling up the hole in her past. It was too much to handle. She needed some time for herself.

"Sorry, I'm not feeling too well." she apologized for her actions and left without him. Tony who was left behind, was confused as fuck. What had gotten into her?

She had always wondered where she had found that little necklace but despite the confusion and wrong name what she didn't recognize at all, she couldn't bring herself to throw it away. Now she understood why and felt like crying. It was what everybody else would have done, but she wasn't like them. She was going to stay strong. Past was already gone, she was given a new chance and wanted to use it. Tony didn't need to know. It will be easier that way. But there was one thing she wanted to get done even if it was hard for both of them. She needed truth about what had become of her son. And she was determined to get it. No matter what. Laws were made to be broken or so she felt.

"Do you feel better now?" Tony was worried. It wasn't like Nat to act like that. He knew it even if he had avoided interacting with her for a regrettably long time.

"I'm okay." She smiled, but it gave off weird feeling. Tony couldn't explain it, but something was wrong about it and her. Something was definitely going on. 

"Actually, I'm going to search for something in Russia. Do you want to come with me?"

It was a weird request. What could she possibly want from there?

"Is it necessary?"

"No, but if I find what I'm looking for, it would give peace for both of us."

She was acting really strange. Like there was something she knew,        but didn't want to talk about.

"Well, that would be nice even if I don't know what's bothering you."

"You will, I can't stop that from happening." 

AN: I'm so tired. I just want to make a speedrun with this relationship. It could work as they have been together before. I have no motivation to write. Good thing the end is dawning near. I still have to make repairs to my movie script and I lose my motivation to do anything with it every time I just take a look towards it. I can't even understand what they want me to change anymore. Anyway, I hope you still liked this chapter I struggled so much to write. It was big challenge to start typing from nowhere because I wanted to quit every time I saw the blank page. Hopefully, I will feel better after some time. I'm just so tired from dealing with filming again and there seems to be no end for things what need to be done. Talking to people is annoying.