Chapter 40: Adamantine

#DS3Unscripted #BelayaxPierce #LKCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 40: ADAMANTINE

BELAYA'S POV

I watched how the array of colors in the sky slowly succumb to the night symbolizing the end of the day. I guess an ending doesn't always bring loneliness and regrets but it can also mean a start of something to look forward to. Just like tonight. I'm taking a step to my own beginning with the man that I love.

Napatingin ako sa ina ko nang maramdaman kong bahagya niyang pinisil ang kamay ko kasabay nang pagbukas ng mataas na gate sa harapan namin. The white carriage we're in entered the place revealing a sea of twinkling lights illuminating our path.

Just like I'm used to, I ignored the flashes of cameras or the buggy car on the side following us with a video camera.

There are a couple of perks that saved my parents and Pierce from going bankrupt with my fourth month long wedding preparation that we managed what with the connections that we all used. Though Pierce kept on telling me "Kitten just do what you want. I'll handle the rest, don't worry". I might want a grand wedding but that doesn't mean that I don't have plans for Arctic someday. Paano kapag kasal na niya? Hindi pwedeng basta-basta lang no.

Imbes na abutin ng halos isang taon ang preparasyon ay four months lang ang kinakailangan namin. The church and the priest were easy since sa partikular na parokya na nanggagaling ang mga pari na nagkakasal sa mga miyembro ng pamilya ko. All the flowers needed for the wedding came from Damian Salazar, a connection I didn't expect but thanks to Lia it became possible. The catering and the cake are from Craige's, my grandfather's restaurant. The wedding gown is a gift from Tita Storm.

Documenting the wedding was easy since my management used my sponsors for that with just a promise na ibabahagi namin iyon sa publiko na hindi naman ipinagkait ni Pierce sa akin. He wanted my fans to see my happy ending too.

The venue for the wedding and reception were a bit harder. Hindi ko kasi alam kung saan ko gusto ikasal. At first I wanted to be wed at the church that most of my family members had their weddings. Iyon nga lang ay puno na iyon. I don't want to wait too long to marry Pierce kung pwede naman na makasal na kami agad. Isa pa... for some reason there's something missing that I can't just pinpoint at that time.

I always wanted a grand wedding. Not because I want to spoil myself or to have something to boast about. It's because I grew up seeing the beautiful weddings of my family and I want that for myself too. I want something to remember when I'm old... something that will feel like a fairy tale that came to life.

Surprisingly, the head chef of Craige's, Ocean Anderson, was the one who helped me find the right place. He suggested this place na pag-aari ng biological sibling ng adopted brother ng asawa niya na si Tita Harmony.