The Miniscule Mr. Big

The meter maid cart and the Keyblade Glider made their way to a wrought iron gate, belonging to the parking lot of the long-running Tundratown Limo Service, its logo a black background with school bus yellow font and artwork, depicting a limo above the words "Refrigerated Luxury Limousines", a mountain at the top center above the title and snowflakes on each side. Anything that lay from left to right under a bridge was nothing but a blue fog with two apartment complexes visible before the other buildings that had faded in the haze. Not even the street lights to clear the way for anybody who just stood there, looking into the distance as a result of performing an exercise in futility. Even the sky was not clear enough through the midnight bluish tint. When Judy reached the gate, her hands were observing the lock attached to a chain that had been frosted on the top.

"Closed!" she said at last.

Sora took three steps forward.

"I'll handle this."

He opened his right hand and a beam of light one second later materialized into the Kingdom Key. He took another five steps to the lock and raised the Keyblade by eighty degrees, bringing it down with a swoop. When the teeth made contact with the lock, the hard blow dented the chain piece attached to the lock and a quarter of it flew off, causing the lock itself to fall into the snow. The rest of the chain slithered slowly down into the snowbank, surrounding the lock in an artificial circle. Relieved, Judy, held the gate with both hands and slid it open, the wheel letting out three squeals as it slid its way open to the other side. Judy and the travelling trio walked inside with Nick following behind them.

"And I'll bet that neither of you have a warrant to get in?" Nick asked out of the blue.

"Well, we're in now," Goofy added, shrugging his arms.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious for that most assuring statement. But unfortunately this pretend investigation is likely to get us nowhere."

Judy froze stiff, but from an insult to injury rather than hypothermia, she turned counterclockwise to face Nick, agitated with his poor choice of words.

"It's not a pretend investigation, dumbass, this is real."

He took out the snapshot of the Otterton family with her left hand, turning her tone into that of a pleading mistress.

"In case I didn't tell you before, this otter is missing and his wife is worried sick, maybe even his two boys."

Nick looked closer into the photograph, then moved his upper body back, looking smug as he said.

"Then they should have gotten a real cop to look for him."

Before Sora, Goofy or Donald could hold her back, Judy began to see that she had enough of Nick's smirk that made him look like a lazy, devil-may-care bastard of sadism whose only limits to that sort of torture was verbal abuse. He reminded her too much of Gideon Grey, that is if he were a gentleman whose tactics were only powered by harmful language rather than violence by combat. Fanning her right hand, she swung it and a direct hit came in contact with Nick's right cheek. Nick's jaw reflected his reaction, a sense of violence that he hadn't put up with since the various occasions in his childhood (more about that would be known by Judy and her friends soon enough).

"Does seeing me fail make you happy in your goddamned miserable life?!"

Nick saw the pain in Judy's eyes of anger and dismay, his reply was blunt.

"Yes it does," Nick resumed his slick smile. "Now why don't we leave before some guard catches us breaking and entering."

"Breaking and entering is hardly what I call an investigation when you work with an officer," Donald stated as they walked further into the lot. But Nick was the worse at understanding ducks with quaky voices.