"Sushi on Friday? It's a Date!".

Prompt: Recreate "Sushi on Friday? It's a date!" but this time Layla does not interrupt. 

Episode: Season One, Episode One

------------------------------------------------------

"Now I hope you didn't forget about our date. I'm looking forward to seeing what this bougie Beverly Hills menu is all about," Spencer teased. Walking up beside her, he leaned against the locker. 

His eyes lingered south admiring the girl before him. From the second he locked eyes on her in Biology, he'd been intrigued. She was beautiful, to say the least, but a bit reserved. From the two days he spent at Beverly High, he'd quickly caught on that she kept to herself most of the time. They haven't really spoken much since his first day, and Spencer was looking forward to their date. He somehow felt drawn to the girl standing before him. An instant attraction that felt deeper than what he'd been used to. Back in Crenshaw, it would've been a different story, but with Olivia, he'd been calm and collected. 

Olivia turned towards him while her heart pounded, and her hands instantly became damp, meeting his eyes. She was quickly noticing it didn't take much for her to turn into a puddle when she was around Spencer. Just by the very few encounters and conversations they had, Olivia could tell that she was gaining an attraction for the new boy. He was different than the guys she was used to. The way he carried himself, the way he spoke, and his intense gaze, drawn Olivia in. Something that had felt foreign to her. She had previous boyfriends and crushes prior but this somehow felt different. Spencer James had been like a breath of fresh air. He was smart, funny, and an athlete. He was also very easy on the eyes, ones she could look at all day if he'd let her. 

 A soft laugh escaped her shaking her head slightly at his comment. "Why do I have a feeling you're going to like it here?". Spencer shrugged. "Who says I already don't?". Olivia's mouth parted watching his eyes fall down to her lips. He was smooth with his words catching her off guard. She mentally took a note to watch out for them knowing she could get into trouble really quickly. 

"No, yeah I see that. Already making yourself at home,". Spencer scrunched his eyebrows taken aback. "You ain't gotta say all of that. It's different than Crenshaw I can tell you that much,". Olivia nodded watching Spencer look around the halls then back to her. "It's just...good to see that you're fitting in. I hope my brother is treating you nicely. He can be...a lot sometimes,". Olivia's eyes lingered on his when he flashed his adoring smile. "Nothing I can't handle,". The both of them had gotten quiet for a brief moment before Olivia cleared her throat cutting off their lingering gaze. 

"You know I might need a refresher, what date are we going on again?". As if she didn't know what he was talking about, she tried to act nonchalant. When in fact it had been the total opposite. 

On the inside, she was in shambles. She hoped that one semester of drama class paid off. Trying to keep herself calm on the outside so he wouldn't have noticed how nervous she'd been talking to him. When all Olivia thought about for the past two days since talking with Spencer was their sushi date on Friday. Down to the outfit she chose to wear. Her room looked like a tornado ran through it overthinking how to dress casually for a date that wasn't even a date, to begin with. She wanted to look cute as if she put effort into the outfit, but not enough to look desperate. She didn't want to come off as if she'd been doing too much. Settling for a black dress, and a jean jacket to throw over. Clearly, her plan of being nonchalant was working. 

Spencer narrowed his eyes, automatically reading Olivia, knowing she was messing with him. Licking his lips, he bit down on his bottom, gently nodding, playing along with her. "Sushi on Friday? According to my phone, it's Friday. Did you forget? I mean we can reschedule if you'd like?". A slow smile spread across his lips watching Olivia panic slightly shaking her head." How could I forget? Must've slipped my mind,". She acted as if she received lunch dates with a cute boy on the daily failed miserably. Spencer softly laughed loving how flustered she had gotten. The school bell rang notifying they had to start heading to class. "Okay great then I'll see you at 12 for lunch?" Spencer asked. "Can't wait," Olivia spoke with a little too much enthusiasm.