A Thanksgiving Surprise

The infatuating smell of sweet and savory aromas filled the home as the clatter of pots and pans abrupted the deep slumber he was in. Not wanting to leave the warmth of the sheets Spencer groaned hoping to find his sleeping wife next to him. After the busy week, they've had, all Spencer wanted to do was cuddle his wife as they spent the morning in bed. With his eyes still closed, Spencer blindly felt the sheets beside him. With a long sigh, and the sheets cold and empty, he knew his wife hadn't been in bed for a while. The sound of her laughter echoed through the hall taking him out of his thoughts the second she opened up the door peeking her head through.

"Knock, knock good morning sleepy head. I thought my sous chef needed some extra motivation to get out of bed this morning. The potatoes aren't going to peel themselves!". His wife walked over to his side of the bed placing the coffee on the bedstand before climbing on top and straddling him peppering him with kisses. Spencer moaned in delight. "Good morning to you too,". Olivia softly laughed pulling away while her thumbs caressed his cheeks. "So are you going to join me anytime soon? Our family's coming over by two, and there is still so much to do,". His wife tried to get up off of him but Spencer caught her hips keeping her in place.

"Liv I thought you told me that we could sleep in until ten? We had this whole plan to chill the morning of Thanksgiving. Baby, it's not even past eight in the morning. What time did you wake up anyway? I thought the doctor said that you needed to take it easy? I don't think he meant cooking a whole Thanksgiving meal,". Spencer moved his hands to cup her face, caressing her cheeks, and pulling the loose curly strands that fell from her bun to behind her ear. Pulling her in, he tenderly kissed her. Olivia slightly shook her head, giving him a reassuring smile.

"The doctor said I should be fine to cook Thanksgiving dinner, baby. As long as I get help around the kitchen which as of right now it's only me and Simone since Jordan is well...Jordan and is not much help around the kitchen. He must've gotten his cooking skills from my mom because he already burned the gravy,". Spencer laughed caressing his wife's cheek. "I wouldn't doubt it. My man puts the milk before the cereal,". Olivia cringed at her husband's words. "Speaking of that I should go check up on him, making sure he isn't burning down our kitchen while he is at it,". Olivia tried to get up once again but Spencer held onto her. She sighed turning back to her husband who pulled her back placing tender kisses down her neck.

"Five more minutes Liv. Besides Simone's down there. She's got this. She could handle Jordan,". Olivia groaned wanting to stay but worried about the possibilities of Jordan burning her state-of-the-art kitchen or not checking on the turkey. But with every kiss Spencer left down her neck, Olivia caved. "Fine, five minutes but after that, you're coming down with me to help peel the potatoes,". Spencer nodded against her neck pulling her closer to his body. "How are you feeling this morning?" Spencer asked with a hint of worry in his voice. Olivia ran her fingers along his chin, giving him a reassuring smile. "The baby and I are doing fine. He's happily growing and according to the app, he's as big as a banana,".

Spencer's smile quickly faded looking down to her stomach to see her growing belly. Carefully placing his hand on her stomach, he gently caressed his thumb knowing his baby boy was somewhere inside. Although Olivia had been past the hardest part and is now 20 weeks pregnant, Spencer still couldn't help but think of their last pregnancy where Olivia one night woke up in a puddle of her own blood and knew they had lost the baby.

That memory still haunts him to this day seeing the fear in his wife's eyes knowing that they had lost their child that night. But after two years, they were finally ready to try again. Their fears were still fresh in their mind but they knew they were ready and prepared for any outcome. All throughout their relationship, they were tested as they walked through many storms together. Nothing had ever been easy but they were able to overcome them and in the end grow closer through their hardships.