I'm Going to Find Another You: S5.E2: Alternate Version

Happy Sunday Everyone! I didn't think I would be back this soon since the last one shot was a lot of words and emotions, to say the least!

But khaylarenee gave me such a great one-shot idea I had to write it.

I was supposed to write a fluffy one-shot ( which I'm working on). But after she gave me the idea and I heard "I'm Going to Find Another You" by John Mayor, this one shot came to me like a movie, and I had to write it in one sitting.

It took me all day yesterday, but I'm happy it turned out the way I wanted it to, or close to it with only writing it within a day!

So fingers crossed it's decent!

Also for those who voted on Instagram that you're going to be mad at me, for posting an angst chapter before the soft and fluffy chapter, first of all, I'm sorry. Second, after this one shot, I think we're all going to need some fluff. So I will make sure to write that one next!

I promise to give you all the fluff on that one shot since you let me write and have this one shot, LOL!

Anyway happy reading...well, I don't really know how happy it is...so...um see you in the next one-shot! :)

"I can't be the reason your light dims Liv,". Spencer's words haunted her mind, keeping her up at night into the early hours of the morning.

She would stare up at the ceiling, and get very few hours of sleep each night for the past week since their break up.

She cried. She was angry. She wanted to scream. She wanted to run back to the beach house, and prove that Spencer was wrong. That she loved him and that she was willing to fight for them. But she didn't.

As much as her heart wanted to, her feet never let her, and the stubbornness of her brain played devil's advocate causing a war within her.

Yet it never stopped her from driving past the beach house on her way to school. On the way to her parents. On her way to the L.A tribune. Taking the longer route every time just to catch of glimpse of Spencer.

Every time she drove past it, she wanted to stop her car, on the day Spencer's car was parked out front, and he was home. However, she never did.

Even if she thought she would every time, Olivia would subconsciously press on the gas pedal a little harder driving quickly out of the neighborhood, watching the beach house disappear in the rearview.

Olivia would cry. She would let herself feel the emotions that ran through her. But she never let them simmer and settle for long.

After about a minute or two, she would take a deep breath, wipe her tear-stained cheeks, and move on.

It was a new routine she had found herself in. One she knew could lead her down a dimly lit path if she wasn't careful.

If she let the thoughts consume her and the bitter taste of the sweet poison her tastebuds so very much craved, filling her lungs with the poignant smell. Making it harder to breathe every time.

Even though she tried to push those thoughts away. They were quickly coming back without notice. Like death waiting at her door, it would knock. Pounding on it hard until she opened it.

She hadn't. Not yet at least. She would let it knock until it became silent and left. Causing her to breathe a little lighter.

That this time she was safe. That she survived another minute, hour, or even day.

It didn't leave for long though. Like a nagging salesman, it just wouldn't leave. Brushing it off every time it would come knocking, she knew this time was different. That she could handle it and get a hold of it before it got worse. So she hadn't called Nurse Joy yet.