A Second Chance (Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder Series #2)

Synopsis/Summary:
it's been a year since Olivia and Spencer broke up. But even with some distance and time apart it doesn't seem to help his heart from moving on. Leaning onto the hope that they might have a shot at a second chance. Or maybe with too much time and distance between them, it's time to leave the past in the past, and move on.

————

As requested here is part two of why don't you touch me!

Can I first say thank you, because I didn't know how many of you would like the first part of this story. I was nervous because I usually write them happy and in love so to switch it up and write a different perspective has been so much fun.

I'm happy that I'm writing again. It's been fun to be back and hope to continue with plenty of more stories!

I have enough one-shots to keep me entertained for a while so at least for a bit I won't be going anywhere! :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the second part of the story and as always happy reading! :)

————

Ps: Also forgive me as I don't watch or know much about football. I'm winging it and watched one video to write the section in which includes said sport, which is why in my stories I usually skip writing about it. But I thought it fit for this story so I tried, lol.

Okay, that's it. That's all. Enjoy!

————

The constant drum of his heartbeat drowned out the world around him. All of the distractions of the stadium fell to silence. The crowd chanting his name was heard more like a whisper. Getting into position, his eyes flickered to the scoreboard. With both teams tied, in the fourth quarter, and only thirty seconds left on the clock, Spencer knew his team had little room for error. Scanning the field before him, he turned to catch his teammate giving him the signal and a subtle nod letting him know the play at hand.

With his teammate counting down, Spencer knew number 80 from the Pittsburgh Stealers had no chance of catching him. He'd been too busy trash talking to focus on the game at hand. Whereas Spencer's smirk only grew, knowing he wasn't going to see the plan his team had coming.

There was a reason why the coaches at the Miami Dolphins called Spencer their secret weapon. He had a way to see the field, unlike any other player. He sought out opportunities that no other player would be able to see. In more ways than one, he was always two steps ahead of the other team and this was no different.

With his teammate giving him the signal to start running before his quarterback hiked the ball, Spencer took off running from left field as he had tunnel vision with only one goal in mind. Making it to center field just in time to catch the ball the quarterback passed him. Tucking the ball in between his chest and arms, he held onto it for dear life as he made his way towards the right of the field to dodge the players that were already charging at him.

Passing the 40-yard line Spencer could feel the players rushing him and some even missing as they flung their bodies towards him. Feeling their hands grab at his feet, he braced himself as number 45 was barreling towards him. Turning his body just in time for number 45 to crash against his left side. But not hard enough to take him down. Making Spencer in the clear as he kept running down the 50-yard line making his way down the field.

With the endzone insight, he knew his strategy was falling according to plan. The announcers from the booth above yelled into their microphones. They couldn't believe their eyes while the chants and cheers roared from the stands.