Diagon Alley

It's been a few months since my mother agreed to let me go to Hogwarts, I've packed and repacked my trunk at least three times. I'm about to floo to Diagon Alley with my house elf Sam. My parents are too busy to see me off, so I set off with nothing from them but their money and the words they told me last night "make good choices."

Arriving at Diagon Alley, I look around at all the wizards and witches going about their life and all the cool shops.
This place is incredibly different than America, i'm not used to seeing people walk about in old fashioned wizard garb, in America people usually just wear nomaj clothes. I must look like i'm a nomaj born, I should have thought about changing, I feel extremely underdressed. Looking over to Sam I feel reassured, and I start on my way to Gringotts bank to exchange currency. I learned from my mother last night that they use different currency, Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts. In America we use
Dragots and Sprinks, so it was a little confusing, but I think I got the hang of it.

After getting the correct currency, I start heading to Flourish and Blotts bookstore, I could have got most of my books before I came, but I wanted to check out the different books they have available here. I have always been a bit of a bookworm, I can't help but want to know everything I can about magic, all kinds of magic. I've even read books on dark magic, without my parents knowing of course, but I just want to know more. My mother always compared me to a sponge, just absorbing everything i've read or am taught, and I can't disagree.

Walking into the store, there are bookshelves lining every wall up to the ceiling. As I work on gathering the books I need, and some I don't, I see a girl who looks about my age with big, bushy, brown hair. I head over to her noticing the large pile of books in her arms, a lot of them being the same as mine, so I assume she's a first year student like me. Hoping to make a friend before the train trip I step next to her before introducing myself "Hi, i'm Y/N and I noticed you're picking up a lot of the same books as me and I was wondering if you're a first year at Hogwarts too?"
She looked up at me, me being slightly taller, before answering "Yes, I am. My name is Hermione Granger, it's a pleasure meeting you."

We walk around the store picking up books and learning more about each other, I learned that she is a "muggleborn" which I learned muggle means nomaj so I guess i'll have to get used to using that. She obviously asked me all about America and the wizarding society there, I told her about how my father works at MACUSA.
And how I moved here with my house elf Sam in order to attend Hogwarts. She wasn't keen on the idea of house elves but seeing how well sam is treated, she wasn't upset and she actually got along with Sam really well.

A little while later I have to part with Hermione, she was heading home with her parents and I was heading to get my wand. I had seen a wand shop by the name of Ollivander's so I make my way there. I step inside the quiet store seeing rows upon rows of boxes of what I presume to be wands. Walking up to the desk I ring the small bell on the counter, and out of the back popped an old man with gray hair and eyes that seemed to see through my soul. To be quite honest he was a little scary, but he soon had a rather friendly smile on his face "Hello, I'm ollivander, and who might you be?"
"My name is Y/N and I'm looking to buy a wand." His face showed amusement at my answer.
"Why of course you are, this is a wand shop." I almost facepalm realizing how dumb what I said was. Before I could say anything else he's by my side asking me what my wand hand is, I stutter out my reply in slight shock at his sudden appearance by my side.
He starts his measurements before walking away to go find me a wand the tape measurer still wrapped around my head and moving on its own. Not to much later he comes back with a brown box, he opens the box showing me a very pretty cherry wood wand, it had elegant carving in the handle of what seemed to be a butterfly. He told me to give it a try only to swiftly remove it from my hand as the boxes nearby went flying. He came back a little later with a gray box, opening it to find a twisty dark oak wand, telling me how it's a unicorn hair core and to give it a try, but that one didn't work either as it had sent me flying back at least two feet. We kept on trying wands, and with each fail ollivander got more and more excited, before he eventually brought out an elder wood wand with a dragon heartstring core, twelve and a half inches, and very flexible. As soon as I tried the wand a glowing warm light surrounded me, I had found my wand. Paying for it I head to get a pet, wanting a companion to take to Hogwarts since Sam has to go back home once I get on the train.

Stepping into the pet shop there are lots of cute critters, I really like animals, and i've always wanted a pet. So I make my way around the store before stopping seeing the cutest thing looking back at me, and I know that's the pet for me.

(What kind of pet do you guys want? What should we name it? What house do you want? Let me know, its really likely that the first person to comment will have their suggestion done.
And remember any advice or suggestions are welcome, i'm always looking to improve.
And I'll update as soon as I have a comment on what house and pet you want until then love you, stay safe, don't die.)~Kai
(Word count 1080)