An unexpetected... Friend?

I've been here at Hogwarts for about three weeks now and although i've made some friends, 'my favorite so far being the Weasley twins' i've also seemed to have ticked off a few students as well.
Most notably Malfoy and his goons, anytime we'd see each other we'd throw insults back and forth. I found it rather entertaining especially when Fred, George, and I hexed him to have red hair for a day.
'He screamed so much that his face matched his hair.'

But i've been growing bored with my studies, the classes just weren't challenging enough. So rather than study, I sat drawing in one of the many empty classrooms, I could have gone to look for my friends but I figured I should probably have some alone time.

At least that's what I thought...

Until three of the drawers flew from across the room into the wall and vases and books were thrown about.
'Peeves the poltergeist, I heard about him but this is the first time i've actually had to deal with him.'
I clutched my sketchbook to my chest. "Alright Peeves show yourself, I know you're in here."
"Oooh the ickle firstie knows me, but I don't think we've met yet."
He appeared less than a foot away from my face and was upside down seemingly sitting crosslegged in the air.
His smile was broad and he clearly found my slightly startled face amusing.

After a second I was calm and looked him in the eyes, 'it's a bit weird looking him in the eyes when he's upside down'
"I'm Y/N, and you're right we haven't met yet. But i've heard about you from other students, they told me all about the pranks you pulled on them."
He laughed "Is that so?" His smile was wider than before.
"I heard about that time you tricked Percy to follow you down the wrong hall only to dump a bucket of water on his head.
I heard about the time you dropped a broom on Professor Snape's head and even the time you painted Mrs.Norris pink and green. Though my favorite was when you popped out of the toilet and scared Malfoy he screamed down the hall about how the toilet was haunted." My face was red as I laughed remembering watching him run through the hall. 'It was hilarious, I tease him about it all the time.'

"Ooh those are nothing, you should hear about some of the other pranks I've pulled." His mischievous face stared at me as he floated about the room casually knocking things over.

"Oh haven't you been around since the beginning of Hogwarts? You must have so many stories to tell, I'd love to hear all about the different pranks you've pulled." My curiosity was driving me to ignore the part of my brain saying hanging around a poltergeist would be a bad idea.

He turned to me excited to tell me about all the things he's done throughout the years. Telling me about how he got the school evacuated for three days back in 1876 because the caretaker was dumb enough to try and trap him using weapons as bait... Long story short he had a cannon and ended up with a new hat.

I was mesmerized hearing these stories about all the different wizards and witches he's met, 'and pranked', he had even met Merlin. 'And put toads in his slippers'.
It was honestly amazing hearing about times far before me from someone who was actually there, who knew I'd get along with a poltergeist so well?

The sun had set long ago, I hadn't realized how long we had spent talking.
Looking out the window I looked back at Peeves as he laughed about the time he tricked a painting into believing it was real and just cursed to be stuck in the frame.
"I really should be going to bed I don't want to get in trouble, but i've loved listening to your stories and I hope we can do this again. Oh and next time you're pranking remember to invite me, especially if it's Malfoy." I smiled at him and waved walking towards the door my sketch book in hand.

"Ooh I will, i'm sure you'd love to watch me work rather than just listen to stories. He floated above me talking as I make my way to the Ravenclaw tower.

"Well than Peeves I hope you have a goodnight, have fun tormenting students." I smiled at him before entering the Ravenclaw common room, having already answered the riddle while he talked about his plans for a big prank involving flooding all the toilets.

"Goodnight Y/N, don't let the boggarts bite." He smiled at me as the common room's door shut.

I make my way to my room and get ready for bed noticing Phil was already asleep on my pillow. 'Lazy cat you're lucky you're so cute.' I got ready for bed and wrote a letter to my mother telling her how I was doing good in school and that I had made a friend with the school poltergeist peeves. 'At least I think we're friends...'
Deciding to try and sleep I lay in bed cuddling Phil.

'Today was an interesting day.'

(Heyo it's Kai, hope you enjoyed this chapter ik it's just focused on Peeves but I just really wanted to establish a relationship between the two. I like the idea of the reader being friends with Peeves, listening to his stories and helping out with pranks. I think it'll be fun, anyways the next chapter Imma try and focus more on the twins and a certain Hufflepuff that Y/N has yet to meet... So look forward to that.
Anyways I love you, stay safe, don't die.)~Kai
(Word count 969)