To Hogwarts we go.

So I make my way around the store before stopping seeing the cutest thing looking back at me, and I know that's the pet for me.

A cute russian blue kitten with bright, green eyes. I went up to the counter and immediately asked the man for the kitten I saw. I bought the kitten and learned it was a boy, I decided to name him Phil after a guy I was friends with in America.
I went around getting Phil all the things he would need including a cute, pale, green collar and a fluffy beige bed.
After getting all his stuff, I went to get my robes and other items. I had Phil on my shoulder the entire time while I was walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the train station I look around trying to find platform 9 3/4.
I see in-between platforms 9 and 10 that people seem to be disappearing into the brick wall.
Assuming that isn't a muggle thing I head to the wall and slowly stick my hand in, realizing it isn't solid I grab my cart and push myself and my luggage through. I look up to see lots of families saying goodbye as their kids board a bright red train, labeled the Hogwarts Express. I say a quick goodbye to Sam who had became visible when we walked through the wall.

I made my way onto the train with Phil around my shoulder, putting my luggage up as I sit in a train car.
I sit by myself reading a book, petting Phil who is purring on my lap.
When suddenly a boy with dark hair and a round face opens the door, he looked upset. "Have you seen a toad recently, I lost mine." The boy stumbled slightly with his words, "No I haven't, but i'll keep an eye out for one. My name is Y/N, what's yours?" The boy seemed flustered when I asked for his name. "My name's Neville Longbottom, it's nice to meet you Y/N."
"It's nice to meet you too, Neville."

Realizing this is an opportunity to make a friend, I ask "Would you like me to help you look for your toad?"
"You'd help me look for Trevor?" He seemed excited that I offered.
"Of course Neville, if you don't mind me taking Phil." I pointed to my russian blue kitten who had moved onto the seat, since I stopped petting him when Neville walked in.
"Yeah you can bring him, thank you for helping me look Y/N."
"Of course, i'm happy to help."

Walking down the hall with Phil on my shoulder and Neville in front of me, we open a train compartment and I see Hermione,"Hiya, 'mione we're looking for Neville's toad, have you seen one?"
My tone was rather chipper being glad to have found someone I recognize.
"Oh hi Y/N, no I haven't seen a toad but I can help you look if you'd like."
She seemed happy to see me, we make our way down the walkway looking through more cabins. Our group making small talk while we look for Trevor. Hermione really likes Phil, I learned she had a pet cat too.

I stopped at the bathroom to change into my robes since hermione seemed adamant I change before we continue searching. A little while later we stop at a cabin that had a redhead boy and a boy with black hair and glasses. Hermione went straight to the point "Has anyone seen a toad, a boy named Neville lost one"
The redhead had his wand out as though he had been about to do a spell
"Oh are you doing magic let's see then."
I stood to the side rather awkwardly since I really just wanted to find Trevor and go take a nap.

The redhead cleared his throat before speaking "Sunshine, Daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow."
The spell didn't seem to work and the redhead gave the other boy a shrug.
"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well it's not very good is it." I mentally agreed with 'mione.
"Of course, I've only tried a few simple ones myself, but they've all worked for me."
Damn 'mione going for his kneecaps like that, and bragging.

She grabbed her wand out of her robe before sitting in front of the black haired boy.
"Example, oculus reparo." Her wand was pointed to the boy's glasses, and then they were fixed, the tape flying off before disappearing.
"That's better, isn't it?"
Both of the boys seemed rather shocked, I, on the other hand was extremely bored of Hermione's showing off and just wanted to find Trevor. So I just stood by the door, not saying anything, like a creep.

"Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger, and... you are?"
Woah 'mione I was not expecting that, you do not like him at all, jeez.
The redhead responds and I can make out him saying "I'm Ron Weasley" between the chewing of chocolate.
The look on Hermione's face is priceless, she looks like she smelled something foul. Her face scrunched up as she very bluntly says "pleasure"

I can't help but laugh at this making everyone's attention go to me. Shit.
"Uhh.*cough* hi... I'm Y/N."
Hermione stands to join me but before we leave she tells the boys to change into their robes, and makes a final jab at the redhead Ron, "You have dirt on your nose by the way, did you know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

Getting off of the train we are all lead to boats by a very large man named Hargrid. "Four to a boat." Hagrid's loud voice bellowed, as me, Ron, 'mione, and Harry get into a boat.
The ships flows across the beautiful water to show a large gothic looking castle. The hundreds of glowing candles, cast the castle in a warm glow, as we get closer.

All of the first years are quickly lead up the huge staircases before stopping in front of a very stern looking women. She welcomes us all to Hogwarts and starts talking about how we are going to get sorted and about not breaking rules blah blah blah.
I honestly stopped paying attention, I was trying not to fall asleep, I never did get my nap.

But I got a real quick wakeup call when neville, who had been standing next to me, yelled "TREVOR!".
Before running up to pick up his formerly lost toad. He apologized to the lady for his outburst before returning to the crowd. The lady had a few last words to say before turning to go inside.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." I heard a voice come from a blonde boy to my left, His words causing the crowd to murmur.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle and i'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The arrogance in this boys voice was so thick, he had to be a pureblood. I heard Ron try, very badly, to not laugh. So I guess he doesn't get along with the Malfoy family.
"Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours, red hair and a hand-me-down robe, you must be a Weasley."
Merlin's beard this kid can not catch a break, if 'mione didn't break his kneecaps before, this guy certainly just did.

"You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there."
This guy had the audacity to offer a handshake to Harry after insulting his friend, what the hell?
"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."

Well, that went well. The stern lady returned tapping the blonde on his shoulder before leading us all into the dining hall filled with tons of students.
The hall itself had a ceiling bewitched to show the night sky, and candles floating throughout the air.

We stop in front of a stool that had an old hat on it, before the lady says that professor Dumbledore has a few words before we are sorted. An elderly man with an incredibly long, white beard stood up from his chair in the middle of the long table behind the hat.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce, the first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our caretaker, Mr.Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Why did I want to go to this school again?
Ah yes bad parents, well damn.

The stern lady starts explaining the sorting and apparently the reason for the old hat is that it is what sorts people. She starts reading off names, some taking a really short time, like that draco kid, who was sorted as soon as the hat touched a hair on his head. He was sorted into Slytherin, other kids took a lot longer like Harry but he eventually went into Gryffindor like 'mione and Ron. Eventually it's my turn and I walk up to the stool, the hat is placed on my head and it soon calls out.

(What house do you want? Do you like Phil? Do you like the friendship with Neville? Let me know and let me know what I can do to improve my writing.
To be honest I don't like writing direct quotes so I might not do that going forward.
I also would like to thank negativeheadspace for commenting, he made the suggestion for Phil the russian blue and if no one else comments then the reader's house is going to be Ravenclaw since he also included that in his comment.
Anyways thanks for reading love you, stay safe, don't die)~Kai
(Word count 1675)
negativeheadspace