What are friends for?

I had a rough time waking up this morning, so I ended up getting to breakfast late.

I waved to my friends at each table, as I go to sit next to Hannah and Justin at the Hufflepuff table. 'I don't have any Slytherin friends yet, I guess my little rivalry with Malfoy might be the reason...'
I'm chatting away with my Hufflepuff friends while thinking over all the things I want to do today, the first thing I want to do is ask Peeves for help getting into the restricted section.

But first... Classes ughh.
'These boring classes are going to be the death of me, I can't tell if the teachers are just incompetent or if it's cause I'm a first year but everything they teach is so incredibly dull, I could do it all in my sleep.'
I knew I was smart, not to sound stuck up, but there's a reason i'm in Ravenclaw, I still thought that the classes would give me something to learn. I guess that was just childish naivety at work.

Breakfast finished shortly after I got there, and although I was confident in my academic skills, I forgot that today was my first flying class. Having been so excited about getting into the restricted section the thought of flying lessons slipped my brain.

So here I am standing in a field of students, a broom laying next to my feet, and a woman with hawk-like yellow eyes piercing my soul as she talked about flying.

And to say I don't like flying would be an understatement, it was a waste of time. 'Not everyone and their grandma need to know how to fly a broom'
It's dangerous and a nonsensical waste of time.
Did I mention it's a waste of time.
'Now my feelings towards flying are not in anyway influenced by a fear of heights... Most definitely, because I am by no means afraid of heights... At all.'

Me trying not to cry while clutching my broomstick, while being barely three feet off the ground, is not me being afraid of heights... It's me simply being upset about how much time i'm wasting, I could be getting into the restricted section right now if it wasn't for this stupid lesson.

...

......

Madam Hooch ended up letting me sit out of the lesson...

So aside from that embarrassing display classes went well.
It's my break right now so I'm roaming the halls looking for Peeves, when I suddenly hear murmuring behind me as well as an all to familiar chuckle. 'Malfoy'
"So L/N, I heard you cried during flying class, I didn't think you were a crybaby as well as a blood traitor."
Him and his goons laugh.

'I didn't cry... I almost cried...'

"I didn't cry Dragonboy, I just didn't want to participate." I tried to seem as put together as I could, I didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

"Ha, that's not what I heard, apparently you were so scared you had to be excused from the lesson."

'I hate this guy so freaking much, i'm gonna kill him in his sleep, I swear to Merlin.'

"Why don't you mind your own business Malfoy, or is your life really so boring you have nothing better to do than gossip about me?"

"I ha-"

"I'd say I'm flattered Dragonboy but you really should focus more on your girlfriend than me, she might get jealous." I sent a pointed look to Pansy before smirking at Malfoy, my head slightly tilted and hands in my pockets.

"Pff, as if L/N, you wish I fancied you."
His cheeks were slightly red.

"I'd rather date a dementor than you Malfoy." I rolled my eyes and started walking away.

"I'd never date you either L/N."

"Whatever DB, see you around."
I give a sarcastic wave as I continue on my mission to find Peeves.

I find Peeves harassing two third years in a hall a little ways away from the History of Magic room.

"Hey Peeves, I've been looking for you."
I smile at the poltergeist who's currently holding one of the third years upside down by their leg.

"Looking for me, really little N/N? Well don't I feel special." He dropped the boy onto his friend and the two got up and ran, happy for the distraction.

"Well Peevsy, I was hoping for a favor."

"And what kind of favor would that be, pranking someone for you?"

I smile at him. "Not quite, you know how much fun you have doing stuff people tell you not to? Well I'd like you to help me do something people tell me not to."

His infamous grin stretched across his face.
"And what did you have in mind?"

'He may be a poltergeist but I think i'm in love, not only did he get me into the restricted section but he showed me a secret passage way from one of the halls that leads to behind a bookshelf in the restricted section.'

"Peeves, Marry me." I said awestruck as we scanned the shelves of books I had never seen before.

He laughed, floating above me.
"Now little N/N, I'm far to old for you." We both chuckled.

After some light browsing we exited the library, sneaking through the halls and making our way to the Ravenclaw tower.

"Thank you Peevsy, you really helped me out."

"Of course N/N, what are friends for?"
He smirked lightly at my slightly shocked face.

"You think we're friends?" I asked surprised.
"You don't?" He looked almost upset.
"Ooohhhhh no no that's not what I meant, I liked to think we're friends, I just didn't know if you thought of us as friends. I mean I hoped you did I just wasn't sure."
The words rushed out of my mouth trying to clear up the misunderstanding.

He laughed at me, the bastard was faking being upset. I lightly glared at him.
"Geez Peeves I thought you were serious, you prick."
His laughing got harder.
"Sor- Sorry N/N." He said threw bursts of laughter.

We got to the Ravenclaw tower, and I answered the riddle while still getting made fun of by Peeves. I blushed when he started making fun of me and that just made it worse, it just gave him more to make fun of.

"Alright Peeves if you're done bullying me, I'm gonna go to sleep."

"Ha, don't be so serious N/N, I was just messing around."
"I know Peevsy, i'll talk to you later, goodnight."
"Goodnight N/N, and don't let the bogarts bite."

I get ready for bed and cuddle with Phil as I think about all the opportunities the passage gives me.

'I've never been so excited to learn in my life... Unrestricted knowledge, finally.'

(Heya it's Kai, hope you liked this chapter. I'm not going to be following the storyline of Harry Potter exactly, I'm also just going to go off memory for the events that are from the movies and books. I just prefer writing that way. For the Draco fans I hope you liked the tension with him. Also who should I focus on interacting with next, comment and i'll probably do that.
I love you, stay safe, don't die.)~Kai
(Word count 1218)