The Hufflepuff boy

I actually woke up early this morning, as weird as that was. I got ready for the day and was so early that there was hardly any people in the dining hall, mostly just a small group of people huddled around the Hufflepuff table. I sat down and decided to read a bit of my book, while I waited for breakfast.
I was enjoying my free time when suddenly I felt a presence behind me. Turning around it was someone I didn't want to see. 'Malfoy'
"Hello Dragonboy, what can I help you with?" I say as sarcastically as possible.
"Well L/N, I don't need any help from you, for anything." He practically spit my last name and the arrogance in his voice makes me want to punch him in the face. "I came to ask why you aren't drooling over that Hufflepuff boy like everyone else, you think you're to good for that huh?"

"Oh, that's what's going on over there?"
I completely ignored the last comment.
"Merlin's beard you're oblivious, how the hell are you a Ravenclaw?"
"I only pay attention to things that interest me, although I was a little curious why everyone was huddled together it wasn't something I deemed worthy of my time, much like yourself."
I looked back towards my book, waiting for the blonde boy to leave. "You're the one not worth my time!" He huffed away angrily. 'And yet you came over to me'

I read my book throughout breakfast, occasionally glancing towards the Hufflepuff table, hoping to see what all the fuss is about.
I only briefly caught a couple of glimpses of some coppery brown hair.

I made my way through classes with little effort. 'It's all so boring really, I had hoped for more of a challenge...'
I had just finished my History of Magic class and decided to take my break out by the lake before my Transfiguration class. I sat down under a shady oak tree before continuing on with my book from this morning.

I was almost done with the chapter I was reading before a shadow appeared by my feet.
I turn my head to find a very handsome Hufflepuff boy, with gorgeous grey eyes.
"Hi...?"
'I think I know who everyone has been fussing over, he is incredibly attractive wow..'
"Hi there, sorry to interrupt your reading, I just saw you over here and thought you looked a bit lonely, would you like some company?" He flashed a pearly white smile.

'Ohhh dear Merlin have mercy his smile is so cute, my face is melting.'

"I wouldn't mind at all, i'm Y/N, a first year.

He sat down next to me, still smiling that adorable freaking smile.
"I'm Cedric Diggory, third year, nice to meet you Y/N."

"Nice to meet you too Cedric."

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

'Not only was he handsome, he was incredibly kind too. I've never been one for quidditch, unless it's the twins but i might watch him play.'

Although I enjoyed talking to him, 'and looking at him', a part of my brain kept yelling at me not to be interested. I know it's childish but i'm a stubborn person, so thinking about what Malfoy said this morning made me angry with myself for finding him attractive. 'I shouldn't care about what Malfoy said.'

I want to wipe that smug smile off that blonde prick's face. I have way to much fun arguing with him, I can't help it though. It reminds me of when I was little and I would argue with all the other pureblood kids.

'Ugh I need to stop thinking about cute guys. Wait, did I just think of Malfoy as cute. Oh Merlin's beard, just kill me already.'

I made my way from transfiguration class to the library and saw 'Mione studying. 
I walk up to the brunette, and sit down next to her. "Heya 'Mione."
"Oh, hey Y/N, How are you."

"I'm good, tired, but good"

We chatted for a little while, me occasionally giving tips about the paper she was writing. Before I decided to continue on with finding new reading material.

I walk through the rows of books before stopping right before the restricted section. 'That's where I want to go, there shouldn't be restrictions on knowledge. I know some disagree, After all dark magic isn't something people want to let just anyone know. But this is a school, they shouldn't teach just light magic.'

I walk away hoping to figure out a way to convince one of my teachers to give me a pass to the restricted section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~⏳TimeSkip⏳~~~~~~~~~

I'm sitting in my room, Phil laying on my lap as I write in my journal.

- I've been trying to find ways to get into the restricted section of the library, I've grown bored of reading books from the main library. I'm thinking about asking the twins for help, if they can't help i'll have to find someone who can. I had talked to an upperclassman and they said the restricted section is for older students, I doubt any teacher will make an exception, so asking a teacher will be a last resort. -Y/N

Setting my journal aside, I pick up Phil and lay him on the bed before going to brush my teeth and change into my pajamas.

'I hope the twins know a way into the restricted section...' Just than a thought hit me. 'I might just know a poltergeist with a love of mischief that could help me out.'

'Tommorow is going to be a good day.'
And with that I lay down cuddling Phil, ready to sleep.

(Heyyoo Kai here feeling motivated, I never thought one person commenting a couple times would make me so happy so thank you joyzitos you really made my day. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ik I said last chapter it would focus on the twins too but I kinda got carried away with draco and cedric this chapter... Sorry^w^
Anyways, who should Y/N meet next, Do you think Peeves will help get into the restricted section? Is Y/N going to far for knowledge? Tell me what you think and as always I love you, stay safe, don't die.)~Kai joyzitos
(Word count 1048)