Chapter One

I wiped the bar counter with a not so clean piece of cloth and let out a sigh as a strand of hair fell on my face. I tossed the cloth aside and washed my hands before fixing my hair.

"He's so hot." Darla, my coworker and one of the few people I daily interact with said. I looked over at the tv we had in the bar and saw the one and only, Mister Justin Drew Bieber on an interview in some tv show.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "You're blind." She said. "How do you not find him attractive?" She asked.

"Maybe because he's a stuck up, entitled jerk who thinks he deserves everything." I said as I redid my ponytail.

"You don't know that!" She said. She rested her elbows on top of the bar and placed her chin on the palm of her hands. "He seems sweet, and like a total gentleman." "And he's so talented!" I rolled my eyes at her again and said "Can you go get the liquors I asked you for? Like an hour ago. So we can restock." She sighed and said "You're a hater." before walking away.

I folded my arms and turned to the tv. There he was, promoting his new music.

There's no denying that he's incredibly attractive, unfortunately his cocky attitude cancels it out

There's no denying that he's incredibly attractive, unfortunately his cocky attitude cancels it out. At least on my eyes. He looks nothing like the Justin I remember, the Justin I once knew. Not just physically, he went from being a sweet, humble kid from a small town in Canada, to being a complete douchebag.

"I got the Tequila, two bottles of Vodka, but there wasn't any rum left." Darla said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "That's fine. We won't open again until a few days anyways." I said. "Oh I forgot, your going on a trip right?" She asked. "Oh, yeah. I'm gonna go visit my dad's family in Canada." I said. "I didn't know you had family in Canada." She said as she handed me the bottles. "Yeah, I barely visit now. But I used to live there until I turned fifteen, then we moved here." I told her. "That's cool."

"Uh, my shift is almost over, do you need anything else?" She asked. "No, Im fine." I said. "You sure? Are you okay closing by yourself?" I nodded as I looked around. I shook my shoulders and said "There's not a lot of movement anyways. We close in two hours, I doubt it'll change."  "Alright then. Have a safe trip, and... I'm out." She said while taking off her apron. She headed out and I reached for the remote of the tv go switch the channels.

My phone vibrated and I checked it to see a notification that I had been added to a group chat. I furrowed my eyebrows as I unlocked my phone to check who was in such group. It was my old friends from Canada, they must've heard I'm visiting .

Chaz:
I heard Canada is getting one of its old losers back

Gigi:
🙄🙄
world travels fast huh

Ryan:
No shit!
Ur visiting?

Chris:
🤮
Stay away gigi

Caitlyn:
yayyyyy
i miss u 🥺
& stfu chris

Gigi:
I miss u too cait 🥺
i miss u guys
can't wait to see you

Ryan:
We miss u
jokes aside
When do you get here?

Gigi:
In 2 days :)

Caitlyn:
omg

Ryan:
HAHAHAHA

Gigi:
What's so funny?

Chaz:
You chose the perfect time ;)

Gigi:
...
Why is that?

Chris:
💀

Ryan:
You'll see

Gigi:
Okay?
I have to go back to work guys
I hope to see you all soon :D

I put my phone on silent mode and threw it inside my apron. I took a deep breath and headed to check out on the few tables that were eating in.

"Excuse me sir, everything alright over here? Anything I can get you guys?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh no sweetheart. Everything was perfect. Just bring the bill when you can."

"Will do." I politely smiled.

I grabbed the empty plates and brought them over to the dishwasher in the back.

Justin's POV

"Babe, Babe! Listen to me. Listen to me!" I yelled over the phone.

"You need to trust me. I'm just going to Canada for a few days, I'm gonna go see my old friends and my family. You know them! I don't know why you have to freak out about it."

"I'm tired of looking stupid Justin." Selena said over the phone.

"Are you going to keep letting what the media says affect us?" I said. "They live to make up lies, you know that! I've always been honest with you, and I'm sorry if I've messed up in the past, but you need to trust me if we want to make this work." She stayed silent.

"Do you trust me?" I asked her.

"I trust you." She sighed.

"Thank you." I said. "I love you, okay?" "I'll hit you up when I get there."

We ended the call and I let out a deep breath. "Trouble in paradise?" Kenny, my security since day one asked. He knew Selena, he knew how sometimes she could be a jealous freak. "Yeah." I said, making him chuckle.

"Relax kid. Your family is anxious to see you." He said. "Yeah, I know." I said as I looked out the window, seeing the small town of where I came from as we drove to my grandma's house.

We entered the familiar neighborhood and I got up from my seat as I saw we were approaching the house. I grabbed my bag and walked down the steps of my bus.

"Take care kiddo." Kenny said.

"I'll see you soon."

They must've seen the bus from inside because not even 30 seconds after I got down my mom was already walking out the door to greet me. I smiled and walked over to her. "Hey mom." I said as i went in for her embrace. "Hi honey." "Oh, you look so handsome!" She said as she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tight.

We let go of each other and I went to hug my grandparents. "There's my sweet boy!" My grandma said.

We pulled away and there were my friends behind them. "Sup man?" Chaz said as he very excitedly pulled me into a bro-hug. "Sup." I said with a smile. I did the same to Ryan and then Chris.

They all lived around the neighborhood, at least when we were kids, and I lived here with my mom, for the most part, so we basically saw each other every day. And even after I moved to the states, I tried my best to kept in touch with all them.