out of town girl

Justin:
reminder not to meet up with your ex

So this wasn't a just Canada thing? He actually wants to keep being friends.

Okay.

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" Darla asked as she walked over to the bar.

"Nothing." I said.

"Well, put it away. The supervisor is coming in." She said .

"Hey girls. It's a bit slow today, huh?" She said.

"Indeed." Darla said as she placed her hand on her hip. "We've only had like three tables."

"I'm sure I'll get better during the night." She said. "I'm gonna go get some stuff I came for." She said as she walked towards the back.

I went over to the bar and started wiping the counters, just to act as if I were doing something while she was here.

She got her stuff and left.

Gigi:
Don't need to remind me
Don't worry

Justin:
Hahaha

Gigi:
Worry about your toxic relationship :P

Justin:
Ha. Ha. Ha.
What you doin

Gigi:
Workin

Justin:
U work?
As what lol

Gigi:
It's a part time
at a restaurant

Justin:
What's the name
I might pop in if I'm ever in NY

Gigi:
I freaking dare you
hell no

Justin:
Haha
Tell meeee

Gigi:
Never.
Why are you texting me?

Justin:
I kinda miss annoying u

Gigi:
Honestly
I don't

Justin:
Haha
Yes you doooo

Gigi:
nahhh

Justin:
it's not a sin to admit it
but even a little bit?

Gigi:
Maybe a little bit

Justin:
I knew it
Ur my bestie :D

Gigi:
HAHAHAHA
right
Bestie

"Okay, seriously." Darla began talking. "Who's got you smiling like that?"

"It's no one." I said as I brought my phone down and slid it inside my back pocket. "It's just an old friend from back home."

"An old friend?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I said. "We had lost touch for a while and now we've been... catching up."

"Is it a guy friend?" She asked.

"What does the sex of my friend have to do with it?" I laughed.

"So it's a boy." She said.

"If you must know. Yes. He's a boy." I said.

"Someone's got a crush." She teased.

"I do not!" I argued as I crossed my arms.

I do not have a crush on Justin. That'd be disgusting. He's just a friend. And even he weren't, I still can't get Myke out of my system. No matter how hard I try.

Honestly... I've been thinking about reaching out to him since I got home, I'm not going to lie. I'm so curious as to what he has to say that he can't say over text.

My heart doesn't want to believe what Justin said, that he just wants to get one last fuck out of me, I want to believe he actually wants to fix things.

"Is he cute?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and said "He's your type."

We heard the front door open and she asked "Is it your turn or mine?"

"You go." I told her. She nodded and went to attend the customers that had just walked in.

I sighed and ran my hand over my hair. Why are men such jerks?

Did I bore him? What is the need to cheat? If he was getting bored of me, or if the spark was gone, why couldn't he just bring it up? We could've talked, maybe fix it, or just break up. There was no need in going behind my back with other girls.

I sighed and fixed my ponytail.

The day went by really slow. The customers did not get better at night, the place was dead all day, which allowed me to leave a little earlier than usual.

I took the train home, to my penthouse, and kicked off my shoes once I was inside.

"I need a bath." I said to myself as I let out a sigh.