In Canada

"Honey, we need to talk."

I had just stepped foot inside my house and that was the way my dad greeted me.

I looked at him confused and set my school bag down.

"Okay..." I nervously said.

"Oh, for gods sakes. You're really doing this?" My mom said as she walked into the receiving room. I looked at her confused and then at my dad.

"Yes! She's growing up, she's gonna be fourteen soon!" My dad argued. My mom shook her head and placed her hands above her hips.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No, hun." My mom said. "Your dad is just worried you might be spending a little too much time with Justin." "He is a good kid, but he is still a boy!" My dad said.

"Dad, Justin and I are friends! Ew!" I said as I furrowed my brows and squinted my eyes, showing disgust. "I know honey. But you can't trust boys these days. I just want you to be safe, and be careful around him. Boys at this age-" "Dad. Stop." I interrupted him. "He's not like that! Besides, you won't have anything to worry about anymore. He's leaving in two weeks." I said before marching upstairs to my room.

I changed my clothes and rushed my hair and went back downstairs, this time exiting the front door. I looked both ways and crossed the street, making my way towards Justin's place.

I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to answer.

"Hi Mrs Diane, is Justin here?"

"Oh sweetie, you just missed him." She said. "He went out with his mom and that talent manager for dinner."

I blew some air out of my mouth and respectfully asked "Do you know when he'll be back?" "I'm not sure. But I'll tell him you dropped by, alright?"
I nodded and thanked her before walking away.

Since Justin wasn't here, I decided to go to the Beadles' house and see if Caitlin was home. Thank god she was.

Chris was at soccer practice so it was just girls for the evening. We had some snacks, watched some movies and had some girl talk with her mom. It was fun.
I ended up going home late at night because of how great of a time I was having.

The next day I got to school around the same time I always did. Not too early, but not late. I went to my locker and got the books I needed for the first classes, and headed to home room. Oddly, Justin wasn't here. It was kinda worrying. He goes out one night with that talent manager and the next day he doesn't show up to class?

"Hey, where's your boyfriend?" Chaz asked during recess. "I don't have a boyfriend?" I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean. Where's Justin?" He asked. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know."

"He's leaving to Atlanta in a week, maybe he went earlier." Ryan said, making my heart beat faster. He wouldn't go without saying goodbye, would he? "Probably." Chris said.

When I went home that day I immediately went over to Justin's house. I needed to know if he had left or not. I rang the doorbell, and thankfully, Justin was the one who answered.

"You're here!" I exclaimed.

"I am." He laughed.

I smiled and gave him a tight hug. "I thought you had left already." I said as we pulled away. "Why didn't you go to school?" "I didn't feel so good." He said. "I stayed up too late last night."

"Oh." I said.

"But I feel fine now." He said. "We can go skating, or something!" He suggested. "I can treat you some tricks." I giggled and nodded. "Let's go."

~ 1 week later ~

I let out a groan as I heard the sound of taps on my window. I was so tired that I wasn't sure if it was real or just part of my imagination. Regardless, I couldn't bring myself to get up and check, so I just ignored it and kept sleeping.

Ten minutes later, instead of the light tapping, I heard a loud knock, which made me quickly sit up. I turned on the lamp that was on my bedside table and looked over at the window, were Justin was knocking on.

I let out a relieved deep breath and went to open the window for him.

"Justin, you have to stop doing this!" I said as I rubbed my eyes while he climbed inside.

"I'm leaving." He said.

I opened my eyes and looked over at him. "What?"

"Yes. I'm leaving, I came to say goodbye." He said.

"But, now?" I asked. "You're leaving now?" It was obvious I was upset. "We have to be at the airport two hours early." He said. I crossed my arms and looked down at the floor.

"I'm supposed to be finishing packing but I sneaked out to come see you." He said. "When are you coming back?" I asked. "I don't know." He said. I pressed my lips together and nodded. "I'll miss you." I said. "Me too."

I looked at the ground and then back up at him. We both stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say, plus I was half asleep. I didn't want him to go, but this is his dream. I can't stop him from going after it.

"I have to go." He said. I nodded and gave him a light smile. He glanced at the window for a minute, and then looked back at me. And then, in the act of a swift movement, he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips before hurrying to climb down my window. I didn't even have a chance to react. I just stood there with my jaw dropped.

"Bye Gigi." He said from afar.

I looked out the window and watched him run towards his house. His mom was outside, putting their stuff in a car when she spotted him. She grabbed his bag and pushed him into the backseat of the car.

I watched them until they drove away. Then I went back to bed with a smile on my face.