Blast from the past

Ten years earlier

"Are you sure your mom is okay with it?"

"Yes! I talked to her and she's okay with watching over them for today."Pattie said.

"Gigi, come over here!" "Look, do you remember Pattie?"

Gigi looked at Pattie and nodded.

"Hi babygirl!" Pattie said as she pulled Gigi's small body into a hug. "Come over here, I'm gonna introduce you to someone." Pattie said while grabbing Gigi's hand. Gigi walked next to her while curiously looking around the house she's never been before. They walked towards the living room where a small boy, who looked around her age, was with an older woman, laughing as they watched some television.

"Justin, look! This is gigi." She introduced the two. He looked at her and got down from the sofa he had been sitting on. "She's gonna be hanging out with you for today while mommy goes out for a bit, okay?" Pattie said. Justin nodded as he looked over at Gigi. "Are you gonna behave?" She asked him. He nodded again with a smile. "And you're gonna be nice to her?" He nodded once again.

"Good." "Come give mommy a hug and a kiss." She said as she kneeled down in front of Justin. He ran over to her and kissed her cheek.

"I'll see you both later, alright?" Both kids nodded and Pattie smiled while giving them both a wave before walking out.

"You're pretty." Justin said. Gigi smiled and looked over at Diane who was staring at the two kids with a smile. Gigi quickly got timid and placed her hand over her mouth.

"I like your hair." Justin said while looking at her with fascination in his eyes. "Thanks." Gigi shyly said.

"You wanna watch tv ?" He asked her. "There's a movie on!" Gigi took a quick glance at the tv behind them and then nodded. "Come!" He said while grabbing her hand. He guided her towards the couch and they sat down next to each other.

"Do you guys want some popcorn?" Diane asked in a sweet caring voice. "Yes!" "Yes please." Both kids said.

"Do you wanna do something cool?" Justin asked. She nodded and they both went on their way towards the hallway. There was a drum set Justin had gotten last Christmas, he had been banging on chairs and tables long enough, and his mom's friends insisted that he needed a set, convincing his mom to buy him one.

He fixed the two cymbals and took a seat as he grabbed the two sticks before starting to play for her.

She bit on her finger as she watched the little boy play.

"You Wanna try?" She nodded and went to his side. He handed her the sticks and she hit on the drums, creating no good beats. She looked over at him, very self aware that her playing was bad, and let out a giggle. Justin laughed and said "I'll teach you." He grabbed her hands and guided her, this time making something more than horrible noise.

Although he wasn't exactly a pro, Justin had this rhythm inside of him that allowed him to rock whatever instrument he touched. Ever since he was three years old, music has been something that comes naturally to him.

He already dominated the drums, the guitar, and he was just starting to learn how to play the piano.

"See, you're not that bad!" Justin said. Gigi laughed and handed him the sticks back.   

They were just kids, a couple of 8 year olds, but something clicked that night.

Gigi has just moved in to the city, she had zero friends, which was why she was acting so shy around Justin.  Her mom and Pattie were great friends, they first met when Yolanda started dating Gigi's father, and now that they moved to Canada she was a great help by taking care of Gigi every now and then while Yolanda went to work.