catching feelings

Gigi's POV

We reached my building and we walked into my apartment.

"This is a pretty nice place." He said as he looked around.

"Thanks." I said as I locked the door.

"Where is your mom?" He asked out of nowhere.

"I live by myself."

He nodded and plumped himself on my couch, making himself comfortable.

"Do you want some water or something?" I asked tiredly, trying to be a nice host.

"I'm fine." He said and got up. He began walking around my living room and looking at the random photos I had displayed around.

"Who is this?" He asked as he looked at a picture of me next to a girl.

"Bella. She's my best friend from college." I told him as I went to stand next to him, looking at the same things as him.

"Yeah well, tell Bella you got a new best friend now." He said as he kept looking at the different pictures I had with my friends.

"This is just offensive." He said as he grabbed a photo frame of me and the gang from Canada. "It's plain disrespectful." He said as he turned to me, making me laugh a little. "

"I demand to be in this friend gallery." He said as he placed the photo down.

"We don't even have any pictures together." I said. Not since we were twelve at least.

"Well, that has got to change." He said as he placed his hands above his hips. "I should be here. I've earned my spot."

"Okay." I laughed sarcastically as I headed towards my kitchen, feeling a little thirsty now.

"Hey, I've known you for longer than all of those people." He said. "Even if we fell off, that still means something. Plus, I'm trying my best to win you back."

"Win me back?" I questioned as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Our friendship!" He clarified. "Although, you do love to make it a mission. You're always so cold and distant."

"I am not." I argued.

"Yeah you are." He said. "You're always looking for excuses to pick fights between us."

I sighed and sat by the island counter, resting my face on the palm of my hand. "Justin... you abandoned me when I needed you the most." I said, turning serious, opening up about the reason I was mean to him.

"And trust me that I understand that you were busy and all but..." I sighed once again, feeling stupid for even telling him about this. "I really did need you back then. And you never even took the time to ask me how I was once you started getting attention, everything was about you." I closed my eyes as I began to feel overwhelmed.

"I was going through a lot and you weren't there for me." I summarized it, not wanting to get into any more detail.

He was my best friend, the only person I trusted enough to tell him everything in my life. I felt like I had no one to turn to when he left, which was the worst possible timing ever.