Day 9: Suspicion

Day 9

The exact time that I and Ichinose arrived at the starting point was 6:50, ten minutes early, before the first designated area was sent in the tablet.

It may not provide me enough time to have the chance of gaining the Early Bird Bonuses, but I had enough time to reach the designated area so that my two consecutive misses will reset to zero.

While strolling in the deep forest, I felt that something inside my bag was moving. I didn't waste any time and quickly pulled out the tablet since I left it on vibrate mode.

"Hmm.."

I then opened it and saw a notification on the screen. Upon tapping, it shows the whole map of the whole island and a red dot in the eastern part, the block G7.

"In the mountains huh?"

Knowing that it's still too early for the hidden enemies to make their move. I then began walking towards my destination, without the sense of incoming danger.

•••

When I'm already one more block away to my designated area. I then saw a new task that just appeared nearby.

"I wonder what it is?"

Looking at the time on the tablet, the current time of the day is 8:26.

Weighing the two options, I then chose to change my destination, to go and participate in the task, sacrificing the designated area for now. The points that I will gain if I manage to win in that certain task, is enough to make up for the point penalty in missing the areas.

Not wasting any precious time, I hurriedly went there to secure my spot for whatever that task was.

•••

In F9

Arriving on the white sandy beach of the island. I took a glimpse of several groups that are already there.

I opened my tablet again and read the description of the task.

Task: Long Jump

Category: Physical Ability

Participation requirements: Enter within 20 minutes of the task appearance

No. of participants: 1 person (only one person from the group may enter)

Deadline: After 10 people have registered

Victory conditions: The longest distance travelled from the edge of the board to the closest indentation to it measured in one attempt (if tied another round will be made and the new longest measurement, will be the victor.)

Rewards:

1st place: 10 points

2nd place: 5 points

3rd place: 3 points

All group participants are given 250 ml bottled water

Knowing that the rewards of the task is worth it and I still have the chance to register because the task is not yet close.

I then dashed towards the instructor to announce my participation in the game.

"I want to participate in the task."

He then forwards the scanner and I show my wristwatch to secure my spot.

Ting

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, you are number 9 of the group participants. Please wait till the contest starts."