Treat You Better

Louis was only minding his own business when the door to his apartment flew open, a certain curly haired boy flying through the doorway, not stopping for as he rushes to his respective room.

Louis is frozen for a moment, a book wide open on his lap, his glasses partially falling off his face. His eyes had flickered up and widened when he watched Harry run, visible tears on his golden cheeks.

He finally snaps out of his slight shock, and quickly drops his (quite steamy) romance novel on the side table, folding his glasses and placing them atop of the hard cover. His fuzzy sock-covered feet touched the cool wooden floor, walking almost silently towards the back of the apartment.

Louis approaches the closed door of his best mate's, Harry's room and skillfully presses his ear against the door, hearing muffled sound of something, quite close to quiet sobs. Louis doesn't waste time in knocking on the wood.

"Haz? Are you alright?" Louis calls in question to his roommate. He hears the crying stop, as is Harry was holding his breath to not dare let out a sound.

Louis never opens Harry's door without knocking, but he will if Harry won't respond. Louis has no idea what happened and he needs to make sure the boy is okay at least. He knocks again, "Harry, love? Can I come in."

It's silent for a moment before Harry's voice finally calls out, a quiet and timid, "no."

Louis furrows his eyebrows at the other boy's tone, clearly proving that Harry was indeed crying. He disregards Harry's answer, only because he knows if Harry is crying, something happened. He barely sheds any tears, unless you're watching the cheesiest romantic comedies.

Louis twists the doorknob, thankfully unlocked, and enters the dark room. The shades are pulled over the window, not a single light was switched on, and there was absolutely no trace of his best friend besides the little lump in the middle of the queen sized mattress.

"Hazza?" Louis calls out softly, walking through the room towards the bed, sitting himself beside Harry's head that barely peaks out of the fluffy duvet. He can only see the mess of curls and a set of glassy, dull colored eyes blinking quickly in resistance to the tears that pool up.

Louis reaches a hand out and pushes Harry's hair back softly, looking down at his best mate.

"He broke up with me." Harry finally chokes out after a couple of minutes, causing Louis' hand to still in the mop of curls. He takes a quick, sharp breath before resuming his movements with his hand.

"What happened this time?" Louis asks and Harry narrows his eyes, sitting up slightly and giving Louis a look. A look that Louis has grown used to over the past three months.

"Why do you say it like that?" Harry asks, looking quite annoyed. "You expected this, huh?" Harry asks accusingly, and Louis pinches his hand to force himself to remain calm.

"No Haz that's not what I was saying. This is happening for what? The fifth time now in the past three months? He's not a good person, love, and definitely not good enough for you. I'm not trying to ruin anything for you, I'm just trying to get you to understand. You deserve someone so much better." Louis breathes out all in one breath.

Harry keeps his mouth shut, looking down sadly, as if he knows what Louis says is right, and Louis hopes that's what the curly haired boy does think.

Louis sighs, eyes softening because of course he feels upset for the boy. He really does get heartbroken every time Jason, or Jacob, or Jeremiah- whatever his name is- breaks up with him.

Louis moves two of his fingers under Harry's chin, lifting his face up softly to look into the boy's eyes. "I'm sorry Haz, I really am. I know it's not easy when he breaks up with you, but I truly believe it's for the best. You deserve so much better. Okay?" He asks, tone half soft and half dominant.