My Brother's Best Friend

^^ Larry looked ✨ impeccable ✨ on this day.

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm sitting in the lounge, eating my chips while watching tv when the back door opens. 

"Dude, did you see her? Hot as fuck." I hear my step-brother, Zayn, say to somebody. I roll my eyes at his comment. 

Zayn has been in love with the same girl for over five years now, and I don't get why he won't just ask her out already.

"Ask her out already, bro." I hear another voice that makes me freeze, chips halfway to my mouth. 

"It's not that easy, Louis. She has tons of guys hanging off her all the time. Why would she date me?" Zayn says sadly as I watch the two figures walk into the room, not noticing me yet. 

"Has she ever gone for those said guys?" Louis asks, glancing at the tv and raising his eyebrows as he watches Dianne pick her bachelor. (It was Tony, she has no taste).

His eyes swoop from the tv to where I sit on the couch and a small smile graces his face while I still sit frozen, feeling my cheeks set on fire the moment we make eye contact.

"Yea, true but-" 

"Harry," Louis cuts Zayn off to greet me, waving his little hand in my direction and I can't do anything except briefly nod. Zayn rolls his eyes, knowing why. 

You see, it wasn't intended for Zayn to find out, it just kind of happened one day.

Flashback

I was really upset today from a certain piece of information I never wanted to hear. 

"Are you sure?" Niall says from over the phone as I mess with the football that's in my room. "Yes Niall, I heard him loud and clear."

I was at school earlier today, having a good day surprisingly, when Louis and another one of his friends, Stan, walked by my locker talking about something. 

"Dude, I can't believe she's dating." Stan says and Louis nods. "Yea, I never thought she'd say yes, she's always been pretty distant from people." 

"Yea you're lucky-"

And that's when I was cut off of their conversation since they turned the corner of the hallway. 

"I'm sorry bro," My thoughts return back to Niall and the phone call and I sigh, "I just thought I had a chance. I'm so stupid." I mutter, kicking the ball to the corner and swiping my fingers through my hair. 

"Maybe they didn't mean Louis asked out a girl, maybe-"

"Niall, I heard it. Louis asked out some girl, and she said yes. End of story." I blurt out, lightly tugging at the end of my curls in frustration. 

"Louis has a girlfriend?"

I whip my head around to see Zayn leaning against my doorframe with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. 

"Gotta go," I blurt to Niall before hanging up and shoving the phone into my pocket as if that could erase what Zayn just heard. "What?" I ask, pretending I didn't hear. 

Zayn takes a few steps into my room, plopping himself on my bed while I stand before him awkwardly. 

"Louis has a girlfriend? Why didn't I know. How did you?" He asks me suspiciously, propping up the pillows to make himself comfortable. 

"Louis has a girlfriend?" I feign innocence, sitting on the couch that's in my room. Zayn shrugs, narrowing his eyes, "Isn't that what you said? Also, it sounds like you're pretty upset about it.