12.

On the way back home it seemed like a lot more souvenir shops were open. And that made Bennett run around a lot. With some occasional falls here and there, along with breaking some of the stuff displayed. You paid for them since you had a lifelong supply of Mora. 

He apologized countless times to you and the clerks. He seemed like a child in other's eyes but to you? No, he just seemed like the same overly energetic unlucky boy you saved one day. 

"Bennett!" You called for him. He disappeared from your sight as you were talking to one of the sellers. "Yes, Y/n?" He asked from behind you. That made you slightly startled, but you turned around to see him in a tree. 

You sighed as you started moving towards it. "We were supposed to be home by now. But I guess you had other plans," "Sorry, sorry. It's just who I am," "I know, that's why I'm not blaming you. Anyways, take my hand. If you can reach, that is," you stretched your hand out as far as it went.

He reached out but that only made the situation worse. You gasped and held your breath until the branches stopped moving. That was when you remembered you have a Dendro vision. You had been training this technique for years, but never got it down right. 

You still decided to test if you had enough skill to call for help. You whistled bit by bit, making sure to put spaces between them. You stopped and looked around. "Uhm, how is whistling going to help?" Bennett asked in a concerned tone.

"I swear it is, just wait a little. And don't freak out or make sudden moves. I recommend you stay still until they finish," and as on cue, two adult hawks grabbed onto his clothes and slowly placed him on the ground. 

You whistled again. They whistled back. Soon enough they flew away. "What was all that?" Bennett asked with wide eyes. "Oh, you mean the bird thing? This is a technique I was learning. I still haven't fully grasped it. Actually, I can only call hawks if I think about it," you turned to him. 

"That's really cool, I wish I could speak to birds!" "Actually, it's not just birds. I can speak to a few more animals like dogs or cats," "Really? Any more?" "A little bit of fox language. Hmm... Then there's a few more," "Can you tell me?" He looked at you in curiosity. 

"It's better if I tell you when we get home," you chuckled as he pouted. "Okay then, I guess I can wait," "It won't take long, really. And I'm currently teaching one of them to speak in human language," his eyes visibly sparkled as you finished the sentence.

~Timeskip~

"Oomph," you buried your head in the pillows on your bed. You let out a sigh. "That was amazing!" "Thanks, but it's nothing big. Hmm... Now that I think about it, I don't quite remember who taught me the basics," you started sulking. 

"I'm sure you'll remember. You just have to... look for it," he took your hand and your eyes met for a moment. You gently smiled at him which made Bennett swat his head away. You chuckled and stood up. 

"I'll go change. Make sure to change before I come back~" you winked at him and left the room. Bennett felt his face heat up before trying to stand up. I note, trying. He slipped and hit his head at the wall. 

He hissed in pain before remembering worse times. He got up and started changing. After that, the boy sat back down on the bed. As of on cue, you went into the room. "Are you okay? I heard something like a crash," you sat next to him.

"Yeah, just hit the wall," "Explains why you have a bruise on your forehead," you touched the place. "Ouch!" "See, you're not fine. I'll get you some ice, wait here," he nodded. Thankfully, you didn't change. That was because of the sound. 

You got startled and put on your shirt before going to Bennett, and that is why you didn't need to change again. You went out to look for people who might sell ice. You walked around town before heading to Xinyue Kiosk. 

You greeted Yueshu and asked if you could borrow some ice. She nodded and showed you to the kitchen. She placed the cold ice on your hand as you were looking around. You flinched but soon thanked her and left. 

After going back to the room, Bennett had already fallen asleep. You smiled before fixing his posture so the ice wouldn't fall off. You placed it on his forehead and left to make yourself some tea to enjoy the sunset. 

Even though the sun could be barely seen, you still enjoyed it. The sky looked even better with a red-blue hue and some stars. After brewing yourself some (f/f) tea, you went to the porch and lit up a lantern that was hanging from the ceiling. 

You sat down on the stairs since there weren't any chairs. As you slowly sipped your tea, a black cat with a white nose came over to your side. It started rubbing its head against you. That made you start petting the small animal. 

You finished the tea and placed the cup on the railing. You leaned against a wall as the cat curled up in your lap. You continued petting it. As soon as it stopped purring, you placed it on the ground. 

You brought some water and a piece of fish just in case it was a stray one. You then smiled and went to sleep alongside Bennett. Before slipping into the bed with him, you took off the already melted ice. 

Yueshu put the ice in a bag so once it melted, it wouldn't just drip everywhere. You carried the bag to the kitchen and placed it on a counter. And finally, the day was over as the clock strikes 12 am. 

Guys I'm really trying to update, so sorry if it's slow. Also, ideas are highly appreciated! If you leave an idea, I might make a chapter containing it. And of course, I'll give credits. Have a nice day/night :)