Chapter Nine - Learning

"Screwdriver."

Kwazii looked over the tools laid out in front of him, narrowing his eyes. "Is it - this one?"

Tweak looked over at the one he was pointing to and nodded enthusiastically. "Yup. Finally got it right, Kwaz. Well done."

"It didn't take me that long," Kwazii argued.

A coy smile graced Tweak's features. "Only about six times. I can't believe you thought a hammer looked anything like a screwdriver."

"Well I'm not the one who grew up reassembling broken cars in my back yard!" Kwazii reminded her. There was a pause and then they both laughed out loud in unison, the sound reverberating around the Launch Bay.

When they stopped giggling, Kwazii smiled softly. "It's been too long since we've just hung out like this, you know, Tweak. I missed you. I was always out on missions and you were always working."

Tweak grinned. "I know. I missed ya too, you softie."

"But now you've got your amazing assistant you can get your work done much faster, and there'll be more chill-out time," Kwazii finished triumphantly.

Tweak glanced at the tool Kwazii was using with an amused look. "It might take a little while to train my 'amazing assistant' up. That's a screwdriver you're using, not a hammer. And you hold it the other way up."

Kwazii looked embarrassed. "I knew that."

"Obviously," Tweak agreed with a completely straight face. "But maybe you should leave the welding part to me. Since I'm the trained engineer and all. And since I'm very reluctant to let you go anywhere near a welding tool."

Kwazii had to concede that it was a good point. "I'll just - watch you, for now."

"Sounds best." Kwazii sat back a few inches and watched Tweak put work goggles on over her eyes and start to weld the final part back into the Gup B. It was amazing, watching her work. She worked with such precision, such delicacy, and so quickly. Within three minutes she was sitting back and looking at the finished work on the Gup B with a satisfied smile.

"Good work, matey," Kwazii complimented her.

"Oh I don't know. My assistant helped out a bit," Tweak smiled.

"So, now that you've finished work..." Kwazii begun hopefully.

"Wanna come and see this new video game I've been working on?" Tweak asked.

Kwazii grinned. "Thought you'd never ask."

And two hours later, when Dashi and Shellington came down to see where the two were, they were careful not to disturb Tweak and Kwazii who were sharing a beanbag, whooping and playing some kind of racing game. Sitting very close, completely naturally.

"I reckon they've made up," Shellington decided with a whisper.

Dashi smiled knowingly. "I reckon they've done more than that."

"Kwazii's finally managed to admit his feelings," Shellington smiled. "With my help of course."

"He took nearly as long as you did to admit your feelings for me," murmured Dashi.

"Hey -" Shellington argued, before realising she was joking. Dashi leant up and kissed him on the lips, before smiling softly.

"Shall we go and work in the lab and leave the two new lovebirds to their racing?"

Shellington smiled back down at her. "I thought you'd never ask."

A/N) And... all done! I just had to add a bit of Dashton in at the end there since they are my favourite couple. Hope you enjoyed this story!