HELLO, KAO PHUNAWAT

New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun was not shaken. His father and Chairman of the Techaapaikhun estates, Nat, had just announced that he was betrothed to marry the first and only son of the Vihokratanas in two weeks. He simply popped a piece of beef into his mouth and chewed. They were in the middle of Sunday dinner after all. What was he supposed to do?

He knew this day would come. He has been preparing for his role as heir since he was in diapers. Hell, since he was conceived. He had been trained for it. He had learned very early in life that he would not be one of the few lucky ones that married for love. This was a reality he made his peace with.

He chaired his first meeting at age sixteen and supervised the construction of his first conference hall at twenty. He lived for his duty above everything else. His motto was duty first, everything second.

Nonetheless, when it came to the seconds, he did not half-ass it. He lived his life to the fullest. Currently, at twenty-five, he has seen every part of the world worth experiencing. He knew almost every fun spot in Bangkok and was the life of every party his equally affluent friends threw. He has had his fair share of both men and women. But not enough to tie him down. He loved his flings and the occasional prostitute. Hey, don't judge. It is an honest business and they have to make their ends meet somehow.

After dinner, he sought out the services of his best friend and IT wiz, Singto Prachaya to look up the man he was to marry. It was quite easy to find him as he was the next in line to succeed the second largest dairy production company in Thailand.

Tay Tawan Vihokratana. The man gave away nothing from the videos and articles New consumed. Aside from business events, he wasn't seen anywhere else. He seemed closed off from the world and had some innocence surrounding him. He was two years New's senior. Lean, tanned, a good head of hair, and most importantly, handsome. At least his parents were not marrying him off to an ugly troll. He could work with Tawan Vihokratana.

He had some of his loyal men track Tay's activities throughout the week. He wanted an opportunity to ambush him and have a conversation before their scheduled family meeting and engagement announcement. That proved far more difficult than acquiring Tay's information off the internet. He was hardly ever outside of his home. And when he was, he had three or more bodyguards attached to his hip. New could not fault them for being extra careful. Tay was an only child after all.

He had almost given up on the prospect of meeting Tay before their official meeting. Pregaming, if you will. However, on the eve of their engagement announcement, he received a memo. Tay had evaded his guards and was at a bar in town, staring into a Champagne glass. It was reckless. New intended to tell him as much when they met. He dressed in his best clothes and raced down to the bar to meet the man he would be spending eternity with.

**

It was an excellent bar choice. This establishment, like many others New frequented, was patronized only by the wealthiest in the city. In spaces like this nobody was special. There was little fear about getting hounded by outsiders. New, being a regular patron, was easily let in. His guards followed suit, dressed in casual clothes to blend in.

He espied Tay seated at a table facing the magnificent view of the city. He was alone. Good. New smiled to himself as he approached the man he would soon call fiancé.

"Hi," Tay flinched a little. His mind must have been very far from here. New could make a good guess what he was thinking about. He beamed at the man. "Hello," he repeated.