IT HAS BEEN AN HONOR

New Thitipoom hummed as he walked the corridors to his bedroom. There was a spring in his steps. Great sex would do that to you. Tay was still asleep when he left for the kitchen a few minutes ago. He had gone to instruct Yllen to bring their late dinner upstairs.

The door swung open just as he reached for the handle. Tay was at the entrance. He looked like a mad man. And that was putting it mildly.

"Where did you go?" He asked, tone urgent.

"Tawan." New laid a hand on his husband's (?) chest and walked him back to the bed. The bed looked like it was vacated in a frenzy. The covers pooled down to the carpet and one pillow wedged between the frame and the nightstand.

He swept long fingers through the mess on his head. "Sorry."

"Remember the abandonment issues I talked about? This is one of them."

Tay did not argue his point. He exhaled deeply and rested his back on the mattress. "I can't believe I thought you left. Where would you have gone? This is your house." Another deep resigned sigh. "Perhaps I do have abandonment issues."

New wiggled between his spread-out legs and stared the man down. "Perhaps? You looked like a crazy person. Not everyone is going to leave you, Tay. Not everyone is like your parents." He moseyed to the large windows to draw the curtains. Darkness had taken hold of the skies. The sleepy stars roused to take the post.

"Sorry?"

"Don't apologize to me. You have nothing to be sorry for." New flopped onto his back next to Tay. He massaged the space between his furrowed brows until his face gradually relaxed. "There you go."

"Thank you. How are you feeling?"

He smiled. He was the happiest he had been in a long time. "Pretty good. You?"

"Pretty good." Tay parroted.

New laughed. Nudged Tay's dangling his feet with his. Tay bumped him back. He felt oddly pleased to be playing footsie with a husband he might soon divorce. "So Plowden huh?"

Tay huffed a tiny laugh. "You heard that too."

He hummed and turned on his side. "I did. You should be lucky they chose me."

Tay rolled to his side too. His eyes scoured News. "I am." He whispered.

"I have met Luke once. He is—uh he's kind of close with Joss. He is a good person." His heart ached just from saying it. "He will stay home with you on Friday nights. He will not talk back to you. And—," he smiled through the pain. "He is a dog person."

"I don't even know what the man looks like."

New laughed out loud. Though he would rather be weeping. In a universe similar to theirs but only in some ways, there was a New out there who did not meet Tay because his parents chose the Plowdens over the Techaapaikhuns.

"I know," he replied eventually. "Of course, you don't know what he looks like. You did not know who I was either."

Tay's face darkened. He lowered his gaze. Squeezes his brows. "Sorry, I should have read the folder. I should have been a little less stubborn."