Take Care of Yourself (Tech)

You looked through your medical bag, taking mental note of what equipment you had. The ship was quiet for once, the only sounds being light conversation from the cockpit. Currently, you were heading for a Republic Command Ship to deliver weapons. You were in hyper space and would reach your destination in a couple hours.

"Do you have a moment?" You jumped a little at the sound of Tech's voice. You turned to face him as he approached you.

"Yeah, sure. What do you need?" You asked. He grimaced as he shifted his weight off his left leg.

"My injuries are acting up again." He sighed. "Do you mind taking a look?" You shook your head and gestured for him to take a seat on one of the cargo crates. He let out a grunt as he sat down and you placed yourself next to him, digging through your medical bag.

"What kind of pain are you experiencing?" You asked him as he removed the armor on his upper leg.

"Aches mostly."

"Any bleeding or swelling?"

"No." He said as you removed the bandages. You looked over the wound. He had gotten a nasty cut on his leg a few days ago. You squinted as you examined it. By the look of it, it was healing well. No sign of any infection.

"It looks fine so far. Rest up and try not to stand too much, okay?" You advised. He nodded. Before either of you could say anything else, the ship lurched to a stop, throwing you both to the ground with a shout. Your head swam for a second as you sat up, letting out a groan.

Tech let out a frustrated sigh as he stood, offering a hand to help you up. You accepted and he pulled you to your feet.

"We've got a problem!" Hunter called. Both you and Tech made your way into the cockpit.

"What now?" Wrecker complained as Crosshair rubbed his temple. Hunter gestured to the ship's radar.

"We're picking up some ships in our path." Hunter explained. You all exchanged a look.

"Are they Separatist or Republic?" Crosshair asked. Hunter narrowed his eyes.

"I... don't think they're either." You all looked ahead. Your eyes widened when you saw multiple ships heading toward you.

"What's going on?" You asked. Tech narrowed his eyes.

"They appear to be pirate ships."

"Well, what are they doing all the way out here?" Wrecker asked. Before anyone could answer, blaster fire flung toward you, colliding with the shields. They all gripped whatever was closest as the pirates barraged the Marauder. Alarms blared as Hunter threw the ship forward. But before he could find an opening to jump, the starships intercepted his path.

"I'm guessing they're after the weapons!" Tech called as the Marauder lurched to the right to dodge a string of fire.

"Crosshair, Wrecker! Man the guns and clear us a way out of here! Tech, get ready to scramble our signal!" Hunter ordered.

"Yeah! Let's light 'em up!" Wrecker pumped his fist as he charged out of the cockpit, Crosshair on his heels. Tech sat down and pressed a string of buttons as you took the seat Crosshair was in, breathing hard. You watched through the window as multiple starships circled you. They were met with blaster fire as Wrecker and Crosshair held them at bay.

"Our shields are failing!" Tech said. "If we don't jump soon, there won't be a ship left to scramble!" Another barrage of bullets hit the Marauder, knocking out one of it's thrusts. The ship leaned as Hunter tried to regain control. You flinched, gripping the edges of the seat until your knuckles turned white as Hunter spun the ship.