Pranks (Wrecker)

A/N: I realized that I've done a lot of actiony or angsty one shots and not a lot of fluff. And one of the chapters coming up is probably the most intense one yet so I figured I'd do a few chapters of fluff to let things settle. 

I thought this idea was fun and I really liked writing it so let me know how it turned out. I'll try to have the next chapter up soon. No warnings for this one. Enjoy!

Most of the crew on the Negotiator had turned in for the night, leaving the ship fairly calm. As you walked through the halls, you only passed a couple soldiers on patrol. Wrecker and Crosshair had finally fully recovered from their injuries so Clone Force 99 was recently assigned a mission. They were scheduled to head out in a few days. But despite the doctor saying that they had recovered, you couldn't help but worry. You wanted to take another look at their wounds yourself to put your mind at ease so you were making your way to the wing of the ship where the barracks were located.

You walked into a hallway lined with doors until you reached one in particular. You raised a hand to knock when the sound of glass breaking made you jump. Quickly, you pressed your hand to the button, the door sliding open, and you rushed inside. The room was empty, but light was coming from the refresher and you could hear movement. You walked to the open door and looked inside.

"What happened? Is everything..." You paused when you saw Wrecker freeze, his eyes locking on yours. He looked like he'd just finished showering, wearing just his blacks. Broken pieces of a small vase were strewn across the counter but that somehow wasn't the most confusing thing about the scenario. Wrecker held a bottle of shampoo in one hand and pink hair dye in the other. You studied each other for a moment.

"W-what are you doing here?" Wrecker said.

"I...was wondering if I could take a quick look at your injuries before our... next...assignment." You replied, growing more confused by the minute. Another moment of silence. "So what's with the hair dye?" He looked at it before averting his gaze.

"Uh, it's nothin', I was just- well..." He stammered before letting out a sigh and setting it on the counter. "I was gonna pull a prank on Crosshair." You raised an eyebrow.

"By dying his hair neon pink?" You added. Wrecker rubbed the back of his head. You crossed your arms. "I'm disappointed, Wrecker."

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

"Why didn't you include me?" You said.

"I... huh?" Wrecker responded, raising his eyebrows.

"That sounds hilarious! Why didn't you tell me?" You asked with a smile. The panic faded from Wrecker's eyes.

"You mean... you want to help me?" He said. You gave him a nod.

"If you'll let me." You replied and Wrecker gave you a mischievous grin.

"Alright, you're in." He gestured toward the bottom drawer of the sink as he picked up the hair dye. You gave him a confused look but he just nodded toward it again. Kneeling down, you opened the drawer. There was a small black ammo bag inside. You opened it to reveal a number of random objects. Glitter, glue, whoopie cushions.

"Why do you have all this?" You asked. Wrecker laughed lightly.

"I've been messin' with my squad since we were assigned to each other. Way back when we were cadets. Whenever we have shore leave, I always stock up on stuff to prank 'em with." He answered as you grabbed the glitter. Examining it, you stepped out of the refresher and looked up. Your eyes fell on their helmets, all laid next to their bunks.