Stargazing (Tech)

A/N: I really loved writing this one. The only warning is slight insecurity on Tech's side but other than that, it's pure fluff. I hope you guys enjoy.

The Marauder was in a rare state of calm as you leaned back in your chair, gazing through the window of the cockpit. Currently, the ship was parked on a small planet covered with wide open fields. An unexpected meteoroid storm was currently cutting off the crew's hyperspace route so they decided to land the ship and wait it out. At least it would only be for a few short hours. So you decided to use that time to watch the planet's sun slowly draw toward the horizon. The sky was a gradient of blazing orange to deep blue hues, wispy pink clouds catching the last of the sun's fading rays. You let out a gentle breath, letting your lungs compress. The sound of the door sliding open made you jump slightly and you looked over your shoulder to see Hunter standing on the threshold. He fixed his gaze on you.

"Me and Wrecker are heading into a near-by village for some supplies. Is there anything you need?" He asked. You took a moment to think.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm running a bit low on gauze." You said. "If you see some, you mind picking up a few rolls?" The Sergeant cocked a brow.

"Didn't we get a new shipment a few weeks ago?" He said. You gave him a teasing grin and jabbed a finger at him.

"Look, it's not my fault you guys are so reckless. Maybe if you were more careful out there, I wouldn't burn through gauze like firewood." You told him.

"Alright, I'll pick some up if I see it." He replied with a chuckle.

"C'mon, let's get going!" You heard Wrecker call. "I'm losing my mind on this damn ship!"

"On my way." Hunter called to him before turning back to you. "We shouldn't be long."

"Thanks, Sarge." You called before he stepped out, the door shutting behind him and leaving you in silence once again. You turned your gaze back to the sunset as a gentle wave of wind rolled over the grass. Perhaps Wrecker and Hunter had the right idea to get some fresh air. You stretched your arms over your head with a grunt before standing, twisting your body to get a crick out of your spine and making your way out of the cockpit and starting toward the ramp. You briefly bumped into Crosshair as he made his way to his quarters. You gave him a smile and he acknowledged you with a nod while you approached the ramp.

The cool breeze teased your hair when you reached it, the soft sound of bugs chirping filling the air. The light clunk of your boots became soft as you stepped off the metal stairs and onto the loose soil. Letting your gaze drift over the rolling fields, you paused at the sight of Tech not far away. He was standing with his back turned to you, focused on something in his hands. You smiled and began to approach him.

"Hey, Tech." You called.

"Hm?" He grunted at the sound of your voice and looked over his shoulder. "Oh, hello. Did you need something?" You shook your head with a shrug.

"The ship was feeling a little cramped so I thought I'd step out for a bit." You said. He turned his attention back to his work as a gentle wind caught his light brown hair.

"I understand the sentiment." He responded. When you reached his side, your eyes fell to his datapad in his hands.

"What are you working on?" You asked.

"Some of the insects on this planet have a very unique song." Said Tech. "I want to get a few recordings while we are here and cross-reference it with species from other planets." You tuned your ears into the natural song that surrounded you. A lot of it was the standard call you'd hear on a multitude of planets. However, you could make out a few distinct sounds. An odd buzz or high-pitched chirp.