Chapter 2: Lead Me On

*THREE MONTHS LATER* (present)

It was kinda obvious that Johnny was going to break up with me.

Only a month after I laid eyes upon that man, Johnny broke up with me. Yes, reader. He did. He found a girl that he thought was better than me, so he dumped me. I cried a lot that night, but I didn't understand why. He was the Outsiders Johnny. You might know him, but he's that boy that had bruises all over himself and was basically afraid of everything, but was handsome. How would a person like him dump me? I wasn't sure.
(Me irl: bEcAuSe He'S aN a-sHoLe!!!)

And now, present day, I was still depressed.

I was now single. Looking for a man. The Navy man, especially. But right now, things aren't the best.

All I had now was a new best friend: a woman named Charlotte. Charlotte Blackwood.

I met Charlotte (her friends call her Charlie sometimes, I don't know why) the second time I was in Miramar, but I didn't know much about her. She helped me look for that man for a bit when I was down here, but she never seemed to help me as much. The worst part was that I never actually sat down and talked about her personality. I knew she was into aircrafts, and that was pretty much it. She told me she's an instructor for a Navy school known as Top Gun, and she's trusted by the Pentagon and the United States government. I thought that sounded pretty cool, and if the man was a pilot for the Navy, she'd help me try to find him... right?

No. We never found him.

I told Charlie everything that happened that night in January, and even though she now understands how I feel, she's not helping me much with trying to find my true love. Charlotte, however, is a really nice friend. The only problem with our relationship is, obviously, that she doesn't help me out with my situations that much. She's my best friend though, so I guess I can use her to help me....

However, it was Charlotte's fault that I ended up finding that man one day. It was entirely her fault.

One day, I told Charlotte that Johnny broke up with me, and now I'm single. Understanding how I felt, Charlotte thought the best thing for me was to bring me to a bar. She told me she found her boyfriend (who she hasn't introduced me to yet) at a bar and figured that I'd find a boyfriend at that same place. So, tonight (present day, basically), she took me to that bar.

And that's where we are right now.

I was sitting in Charlotte's car, which was big and black. I'm not a car expert, so I couldn't really tell what type of car it was. But it was definitely an old car.

Charlotte knew I was sad over the breakup. She sounded a bit concerned every time I mentioned it to her. But how was a bar going to cheer me up? Would I just drink this magical glass of wine that would somehow resolve all of my problems?

No.

The bar did more than that.

As I sat in Charlotte's car, I looked up at her. Charlotte was a pretty woman—she had short, curly blonde hair that bounced a lot, pure red lips, a plump face, sparkly blue eyes—she was perfect. She didn't turn around to look at me when I began talking with her.

"You sure this bar would help me?" I asked.

"Absolutely!" Charlie replied. "This bar is full of happy people. Just like my boyfriend told me: every depressed person comes to that bar to party and cheer themselves up! It's what he likes to call a target rich environment!"

Whatever. Charlie sounds confident in this bar. Maybe this would work... maybe I can find my true love....

Once Charlotte and I got to the bar, we tried to look for a vacant parking space. The bar was packed full of people; cars were everywhere and the only available parking spots we could find were handicap parking spots. We finally found one after looking for a few minutes and we parked there.