Chapter 11: Can't Sleep

Once I got to my house, I started feeling a little better. When I stepped on my front porch, I stretched and yawned. I was really tired, and I wanted to go to sleep. I walked the entire way home, and I was exhausted. My feet were killing me, and my side ached. My face was wet from tears, but luckily I lost Iceman. Nobody was following me. Or at least I thought nobody was.

Just when I was about to open my front door, out of nowhere, I heard loud, obnoxious singing coming from the right side of my porch.

"YOU NEVER CLOSE YOUR EYES ANYMORE WHEN I KISS YOUR LIPS...!"

I jumped from how sudden the singing was. I turned right beside me and saw the three boys leaning over the edge of my porch and singing You've Lost That Loving Feeling. They completely remember what happened yesterday morning, and by how embarrassed I was by hearing that song. First it was Skull Guy singing, and gradually, Ferris and Malfoy began singing.

"THERE'S NO TENDERNESS LIKE BEFORE IN YOUR FINGERTIPS...!"

"Guys! Stop it!" I screamed. "I'm not in a good mood, anyway!"

"Haha! Stop?" Ferris laughed. "No way! We know you hate this song, so we're singing it to annoy you!"

I scowled as the boys continued to mock me by singing. Malfoy seemed as if he wanted to stop singing, however. As he stared at me, I could see the pain in his face. He seemed as if he didn't want to mock me with the boys. I might be crazy, but I think he has feelings for me....

But no. Malfoy didn't stop. He continued to make fun of me. Eventually, I had enough.

"YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVING FEELING! WOOHOO THAT—AUGGGH!"

I was so mad at the boys that I picked up a brick that was supporting a flower pot on my porch and threw it at Skull Guy. The rage in my face continued as I stared at Ferris and Malfoy, shocked about the injury of their friend. I have to admit, I hit him pretty hard and well, and I felt good. Skull Guy's face was bleeding from the impact, and his entire face was red. I swear one of his teeth got knocked out, and he had a black eye. Ferris helped his friend get up, and he struggled to stand. Ferris seemed upset and mad, but Malfoy seemed surprised. He didn't seem mad or upset at all.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THAT!" Ferris sneered in his awful Goofy impression. "YOU COULD'VE KILLED SOMEONE!"

"Oh, I could've?!" I was speaking sarcastically now. "Well then, that teaches you to never call me names and make fun of me being single!"

Ferris screamed at me, a bloodcurdling scream, for no reason. Malfoy still seemed calm, but now he looked mad at me. Skull Guy continued crying in pain; his nose was bleeding and his right eye was almost glued shut. It seemed to slowly turn purple. The two boys helped their friend up, and they quickly ran away from me. I could hear Ferris screaming "Run! Faster!" as he kept running farther away from me. With him and Malfoy holding onto their friend by the arms, they ran away, and didn't attempt to sing again.

"And stay out!" I screamed. I didn't think they heard me. I heard the weeps and cries of them off in the distance. I felt glad that they were gone, yet I felt... scared. What if they told Skull Guy's mom about the incident? Would she get mad and go after me? What if she showed up at my doorstep,
wanting to beat the living daylights out of me? Am I in danger?

Shaking, I walked inside my house and closed the door behind me. I sighed, took off my shoes, and made my way upstairs to get ready for bed. I really wanted this day to end. I've been spending the entire day waiting for this moment, and it went wrong. Terribly wrong.

After I did my things upstairs and I donned my pajamas, I made my way back downstairs. For some reason, I didn't feel like relaxing in my bed. I wanted to watch some TV, but the TV in my room had a cable box that didn't work. That was probably why.