Grocery Errands Are Great Excuses

Journal Entry No. 68

A few things happened today.

Well, for one, my mom asked me to do grocery shopping. She handed me a list of things to buy and some detailed instructions. My mom had things to do at home, and I had none, so I became the target for this tiring mission.

What's really surprising was the money she gave me was more than the initial budget for today. That includes transportation, too. I asked her about it and she told me that if I wanted to buy something for myself, then I can use the extra money.

Well, this mission isn't that tiring after all. When she said that, I departed from the house with a big smile on my face. I really wanted to buy that new lip sleeping mask for me, and I think the extra money would be more than enough to purchase one whole box.

So, I went to the grocery store and shopped. Then, I decided to go to my favorite beauty care boutique. The range of products and prices in that shop is just amazing. I also like how pink the store is. It's just aesthetic as hell!

Every time I visit the shop, everything just looks so pleasing to my eyes. They did well. It helps with the marketing because people would definitely be drawn to buying their products because of how beautiful the product arrangement was and the service is great, too!

On weekends like this, they offer some free makeup shenanigan something. Like you can ask them to do makeup on you, but they'll use a makeup brand that they're currently endorsing for the week. Very cool. 

Anyway, I was able to purchase the lip sleeping mask as I've said. The packaging was pretty as hell. Gotta admit it was the reason why I wanted to buy it in the first place.

 Gotta admit it was the reason why I wanted to buy it in the first place

I was pretty excited to go home, try the mask, and sleep.

If only that didn't happen...

I was walking out of the store and I saw Kurapika walking down the street. He didn't see me, of course. He was far away, but I knew it was him.

I don't know what went inside my head, probably none, but I followed him. I think what I did was more creepy than stupid.

He went inside a store that sells mangas and I followed him inside as well. I kept a fairly good distance, so he wouldn't spot me following him. I was mostly glad I was wearing a hat because I think it helped a lot in camouflaging myself or something.

Then, he found a crepe stall, not far from the manga store, and went to buy one for himself. He looked really happy eating that crepe. When I was watching him eat, I heard my stomach growl.

 When I was watching him eat, I heard my stomach growl

I bought one crepe after he left, too. I couldn't help myself. So what?

After that I followed him to the pet shop, I wondered why he went inside a pet shop. Luckily, the store was huge and there were plenty of people. Were the fish on sale or something?

I hid myself and pretended to look at turtles. He was far, but not far enough that I couldn't see. He was looking at some monkey-looking animals. I don't really know what they were, but my first thought was they almost looked like monkeys.

Then, he went to the aquarium and I got super scared cause it was adjacent to the turtles section. One wrong move and he could've seen me. So I did the smartest thing I could do, and that was to go to the opposite aisle. 

He was looking at some axolotls. He was smiling to himself. Lol.

After that, he turned around the corner. I followed him. Like the usual (ehe~).

But I wish I didn't do that.

There she was. The same girl. The only girl I have ever seen Kurapika wait for at the school gate.

She was wearing what seems to be a uniform for the store employees. So she worked at the shop, huh? Is that why Kurapika visited her? Is she the reason why he keeps rejecting me?

I felt pretty devastated. I exited the store after finding out what his true motive was. I went back home.

I didn't exactly went straight to my house. I did a little detour. I guess I wanted to help myself breathe a little.

I went to my favorite shop that sold vanilla sundaes and ordered one for my lonely self. All I could think about were the times I failed to invite Kurapika over to try the vanilla sundaes my favorite shop would sell. Now, I kinda see why he always rejects me.

However, Leorio never said anything about him having a girlfriend. That girl could just be a friend... Or worse, a love rival of mine!

Anyway, if Kurapika was dating somebody else, then his friends would've told me when I first talked to them, right?

So, whatever. Whoever that girl was, I accept her challenge. I don't care if she's pretty. I have my own perfections, too.

Besides, may the best girl win, y'know?

Eh. That was still kind of a bummer. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this lip sleeping mask and sleep.