Eavesdropping Is Never A Good Thing

Journal Entry No. 226

Sports day.

Today is sports day. I hate sports day.

Teachers were adamant about having every student join at least one game. Well, I joined the relay.

Coincidentally, Kurapika joined the relay race, too. He's already joined two other games like the running race and the sack game with Leorio.

I don't have much energy today, so I'll keep everything short.

Basically, when the baton was finally passed to me during the relay. I ran as fast as I could.

But then, I saw him from afar.

AND I COULDN'T STOP LOOKING AT HIM?!!?!?

He must have casted a spell on me. I SWEAR!

I was so dumb, I passed my group's baton to him. He almost ran, but he stopped, gave it to my teammate, and looked at me like I was a weirdo.

For fuck's sake!

FUCKING EMBARRASSING!

But nothing hurts more than hearing the conversation he had with Neon.

After the day ended, I was looking for him. I wanted to apologize. Of course, I already apologized to my neglected teammate.

I wanted to apologize because I made a mistake. But I heard something else.

And nope, it wasn't two students having sex, thankfully.

I heard Neon and Kurapika talking. The convo went like this:

Neon: "Y/n was weird today. Why did she pass the baton to you?"

Kurapika: "I don't know, but it annoyed me that she made me think I had my group's baton. I almost ran. We could've lost."

I annoyed him?

MOTHERFU-

Neon: "Oh well, you weren't thinking straight either, were you?"

She laughed after that. Kurapika just shrugged and they both left.

Uh-huh. That hurt.

So I was annoying him.

I was annoying to him.

Huh.

Anyway, I feel tired today. I exerted more physical effort than usual. Gotta sleep.