From Me, Kurapika Kurta.

I was sitting down silently under my favorite tree. It housed a couple of bird's nests and has been that way ever since I found it. I saw some stray cat try to climb up and eat the birds, but gladly I was there to stop it. That happened a year ago, so now I sit here from time to time, guarding the nests from weird stray cats at school.

I liked sitting under my favorite tree because it was quiet and far from people. I preferred spending time alone and just listening to music. 

Out of the corner of my eye, a girl was slowly approaching me. It was Y/n. Well, I never really thought she'd be coming to me. Did she want to sit with me? 

When she came to me, she asked if she could talk to me about something. Huh. 

It's weird because I don't ever remember interacting with her a lot. I'm no stranger to her as she is to me, but we weren't exactly friends. We've been neighbors for twelve years, but that's literally it and nothing more.

I asked her what it was about, and she seemed a bit surprised. I don't know what she's so surprised about. I brushed it off.

Then, she confessed. She told me she liked me. 

I don't really know how to feel about it. I didn't like her that way. Never thought of her that way throughout the years that we've been together. We've been neighbors, elementary classmates, middle school classmates, and now high school schoolmates, but that isn't much, is it?

I figured I should reject her right now. It would be very asshole of me if I just gave her a very vague answer. "I'll think about it," nah, I probably wouldn't be. I'm always busy. I have my priorities that take up 99% of my brain.

The only option left was to be honest and I chose that. I smiled at her. I was trying to be polite. I mean, this was all so sudden and I never really looked at her the way she had feelings for me. The school bell rang, thankfully, so I was able to leave.

The next few days, I really didn't think much about it. Heck, I probably even forgot about it momentarily.

The school bell rang, a sign that we're gonna be having our lunch break. I went outside and stood by the door for no reason. I was blankly staring at the windows in the hallway, when Y/n came and greeted me quick. She seemed like she was rushing to do something. 

She, then, called out to her friends, Pakunoda, Machi, and Shizuku. Pakunoda and Machi were volleyball players. Pakunoda's the team captain and I've seen her play once. She was really great. Machi as well, both are very talented.

They looked like they were going to the direction of the cafeteria, so I followed suit. I was planning to go to the cafeteria, anyway.

I was behind them and saw the noticeable stains at the back of Y/n's uniform. I wanted to tell her about it, but they seemed washed out. It looked like she already knew about it and tried to wash them off, but she probably failed and just let it be. I kept staring at the stains because they just looked so out of place. It didn't look nice from the back at all, and it's a school uniform, too.

Dismissal time and I went to change for my usual practice at the field. Can't get loose because competitions will be coming around soon during this time of the school year, and I have to always be ready for them.

After I finished my practice, I went to clean myself up and change my clothes. I got out of the field. I was by the school gate when I heard running footsteps behind me. I didn't bother looking back. I don't really care.

Just when I was almost at the end of the gate, Y/n was panting beside me. Out of habit, my eyebrows raised questioningly at her. What was she here for?