Chapter Twelve: Are you freaking kidding me?

Dakota's POV.

I wake up with a start, a bead of sweat dripping from my forehead and my small form is tangled in Ben's coat. I rest my head against the plane seat, taking a deep breath as I wipe a few stray tears away from my face. "It was just a dream," I mutter to myself, tracing a hand across my throat as I feel the vibrations when I speak. Tears of joy spill down my cheeks and a wide, relieved smile takes over my lips. "It was a dream! I can speak, I can speak!" I exclaim, turning round to Ben as he looks at me with utter confusion. It was just a horrible, sick, twisted dream! Ben cups my cheek, raising an eyebrow. "Are you okay, dear?" He asks in a caring tone, wiping away the tears. A few people on the plane have turned to look at us from the disturbance I've caused .

"Never better."

Ben's POV.

Two hours later, we have landed and are finally in our bedroom at the hotel resort. I'm slightly worried about Dakota but I figure that she has just had a bad dream. I flop down on the bed and pull Dakota down untop of me. "Packing can wait until tomorrow, I'm knackered,"

Dakota pouts playfully. "But I'm not," She protests.

"That's because you slept on the plane!" I point out, laughing as I prod her chest playfully. "But please, feel free to unpack my bag for me." I joke.

Dakota crawls off me and walks into the ensuite bathroom. "I'm going for a shower so tough luck! I need a nice, cold shower, it's like 100° in here!" She calls.

I smirk mischeviously, kicking off my shoes as I stifle a yawn. "That's because I'm in here!" I call out, hearing her laughter from the bathroom.

Soon enough I hear water running and Dakota's beautiful voice singing in the shower. I swear, she could go on Britain's Got Talent or something. I brush my hair out of my face and start to undress, getting changed into my pajamas. It takes me forever considering how tired I am and I soon decide to just sleep in my underwear. I'm dressed just in time for Dakota to wander back in, just a towel wrapped around her. I smile as I take in all her beauty, her shoulders glistening with water droplets and hair dripping wet.

"Oh no! I must cover my innocent eyes!" I joke. "Otherwise you may currupt my naiveness,"

Dakota rolls her eyes and grabs a thin material nightie and some underwear, walking back into the bathroom. She gets dressed and comes back, plonking herself down beside me.

I roll over to face Dakota, stroking her cheek. "You're my world, you're my moon, you're my stars. You're my sun when I wake up and my dreams when I fall asleep. I love you, Dakota Swiftwood." I plant a gentle kiss on Dakota's delectable plump lips as she stares at me with those mesmerizing eyes. Eyes that remind me so much of the night sky.

"I love you too, Alpha." She teases, pecking my lips quickly.

Narrator's POV.

The two lovers lay just staring at each other, whispering loving things and the fierce Alpha didn't seem quite so fierce now. He cradled his little lamb in his protective arms and Dakota felt safe in the arms of her brave wolf, her night in shining armor. The stars outside twinkled, illuminating the dimly lit room as they lay there for quite some time.
That night, they made love under the moonlight and if they had listened closely, they would of heard the far off howl of a female wolf. Yet, not a saddened howl but a howl from a very special lady, Jessica. The Alpha's mate used this howl to say to Ben that she was happy for him. If one had listened to the wind, they would of heard the words from this girl. "Goodbye my love, your pain has been healed by the love of another. Now you can rest your weary eyes and for once, your heart won't ache, never again."
Dakota may not have heard this but Ben did.
At this moment, Ben was the happiest man alive and Dakota the happiest woman.
He had let Jessica go but he would never forget her. He would cherish her memory but no longer plead for her return.
After all, a great author once said.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Soon, the Alpha and his mate fell asleep side by side, unaware of the bundle of joy that would soon form in Dakota's stomach.