Chapter Fourteen: Happily Ever After.

A Few Months Later.

They say before you die that your life flashes before your eyes, that you relive many memories of your life in a matter of seconds but not once did this happen to Dakota. When she died she saw nothing but Ben surrounding her and a pair of golden eyes staring down at her, watching the progress. Ben could do nothing but watch as the life was drained from his wife but of course this wasn't the end. This was just the beggining. The beggining to a whole new way of life for Dakota.

Dakota awoke a day later in Ben's bed, the pack surrounding her. A strong damp smell in resemblance of a wet dog invaded her nostrils and she grunted in disgust. "Eugh, it stinks in here!" She had exclaimed to which Eric replied, "That'd be us. You're gonna have to get used to it."

A peace treaty had been signed between the two species and an agreement had been settled. A trade had occurred.

In case you haven't figured it out, Dakota didn't technically die. Well, she did. It's rather difficult to explain so to put it bluntly, Dakota was a vampire. An immortal. Ben had finally agreed.

Now Dakota was healthy - well as healthy as a dead person could be. The condition had been took away - but for a price.

Ben never uttered a word but simply took his wife's hand and kissed her paler than ever skin. "I've missed you," Dakota said before Ben replied with the usual sarcastic reply, "It's only been a day." Sarcasm dripping from his voice.

That was when it dawned on Dakota. The baby! "Where's my baby?" Dakota had went into labor during the change and the baby had thankfully been saved, although the child was taken away from her.

"Shh shh, they're okay," Ben smiled.

"They're?"

Was it mentioned that Dakota had twins?

Dakota then got to see her beautiful children who they named Noah and Addie.

Life couldn't have been more perfect for the couple. A peace treaty had been signed, something that the vampires had longed for for ages. Ben and Dakota had two amazing children who Dakota would be able to talk to.

The only sadness that Dakota had was not only would she watch Ben die but also her children.

Still. A long and happy life was all Dakota had ever wished for.

A daughter in law was all Rosa had ever wished for.

To be an uncle was all Eric ever wished for.

To be successful in work was all Isabella ever wished for.

To grow old with his mate was all Ben had ever wished for.

For this family, all their wishes had been granted.

THE END.