Chapter 6: The Host is a Hostess!

The club had started around half an hour ago, Kyoya was walking around the room watching as the guests chatted happily with the host of their choosing. A satisfied smile made its way to his face as he looked down at the contents of his notebook.

"He's absolutely breathtaking." A voice said, and Kyoya looked over to see some girls sitting at tables looking over at a teen sleeping on a tree branch.

Kyoya stopped at the small bamboo crafted bar, looking busy as if he were writing something down, while instead he watched the scene in front of him.

Itsuki was laying fast asleep on a tree branch while girls sat in tables that were nearby. Not only did this method allow more of Itsuki's clients in at one time, but it also allowed him, or her, to get more sleep.

Having a police force owned by your family helps when doing background checks on those to join the host club or attend Ouran Academy in general. Searching up the mysterious transfer student led to an interesting file and reading through it he now knew everything he could about Kuwata Itsuki, or should he say Akemi Setsuko.

An upcoming idol being placed into witness protection wasn't something you read about just any day. According to what he knew Setsuko was being threatened by a stalker who had managed to break into her home and then later find out the hotel she was staying at. The police were investigating him as quickly as they could, but nothing had come to light. With that knowledge he made sure to keep an eye on her, from what he read this stalker seemed like serious business. Finding both her house and hotel? He hated to admit it, but the stalker was rather talented, which made him even more dangerous.

Ever since he had learned about her identity, he made sure to keep an eye on the girl, and he had noticed quite a few things as he watched her. On the surface anyone could mistake her for a charming teen boy with a tendency to take naps throughout the day, but it wasn't hard to see that Setsuko jumped at sudden movements, or when birds flew past the windows outside. She was stressed and on edge, and apart from homework probably wasn't getting much sleep due to said stress. At Ouran, it was clear that she felt somewhat safer, since there were armed security guards doing constant perimeter checks of the school, and even if someone were to get in, they wouldn't be able to get too far.

Kyoya reached up and adjusted his glasses that were slipping down the bridge of his nose. Snapping his notebook closed he looked forwards towards the sleeping host. He would never admit it outwardly, but he was the co-founder of this club, and that meant the members within it would be safe, no matter the threat.

***

"Hey boss, stop eating that commoner's ramen and come over here to help with the party planning." Hikaru called out towards Tamaki, who was sitting at a secluded table away from the rest of the club.

After club hours ended, Itsuki was woken up and the music room was cleared of all the props they had used earlier that day. And since the party was coming up, Kyoya had called an afterclub meeting so they could properly plan everything. But as of now nothing has really been done due to Tamaki sulking in the corner with his ramen.

"Does it really bother you that Princess Kanako had taken a liking to Haruhi?" Kaoru asked.

"He shouldn't be surprised; she's had the illness for a while now, hasn't she?" Kyoya said, not looking up from his laptop.

"What illness?" Haruhi asked.

"She's got the host hopping disease." Hikaru said, moving to stand behind Kyoya.

"A.K.A the never-the-same-boy-twice disease." Kaoru said, moving to stand beside his twin.

"Sounds to me like she's just trying to see which host suits her needs the best." Setsuko said, resting her head on the back of her hand.