Chapter 27: Can't have a Fanfic Without a Festival!

"A summer festival?" Tamaki asked.

Two days had passed since Hikaru and Haruhi's date, and the club was sitting around the main lobby, Haruhi was able to go on a break to talk with them and that was when Setsuko sprung the idea.

"Yeah, I saw a flyer for one while I was out in town, after you left me and all, and I thought it'd be fun." Setsuko said, "And since we're here why not indulge in the local fun. Let's see, they'll have games, food, and fireworks." Plus it would be a great distraction after everything that happened earlier that week.

"I haven't been to a festival in a while. It might be fun." Haruhi stated.

"Fireworks..." Tamaki's eyes and face lit up as he spaced off into some kind of perverted daydream, "I like it! A commoner's festival! I've only been to one once before. Alright men, and Haruhi, let's go to the festival!"

"Sounds like fun! Thanks for suggesting it, Itsu-chan! Don't you think it'll be fun, Takashi?" Honey exclaimed, looking up at Mori with an excited smile.

"Yeah."

"I think a festival will be fun. Just what we all need." Kaoru said.

"It should be what we all need." Kyoya said.

The hosts who hadn't spoken up nodded in agreement, and just like that, a night at the festival was planned.

***

When the sun started setting, Setsuko met up with the rest of the host club just outside of town. Most of the other hosts were wearing casual attire as well, the only one who wasn't was... Tamaki, who was wearing a yukata.

"Shall we head in?" Setsuko asked, gesturing to the gates separating them from the festival.

Just beyond the gates, there were stalls with a variety of things to offer to the festival goers. The moment they walked through the gate, the entire club separated, Honey and Mori went towards the food stands, Tamaki grabbed Haruhi's wrist and dragged her towards the games, Hikaru and Kaoru ran into the crowd, disappearing among the other festival goers. The only two at the entrance was Setsuko and Kyoya.

"Since everyone left us, why don't we explore this festival together?" Kyoya suggested, looking down at Setsuko with a smile as he held his hand out to her.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun." Setsuko said, returning the smile as she reached forwards, taking his hand in hers. It took a second for her to realize what she did, and when she did a heat rushed to her cheeks, "Uh, sorry, I just saw your hand and thought-"

Kyoya chuckled, and his hand closed around hers "That's exactly what I meant. Now then, shall we see what this commoner's festival has to offer, Itsuki?"

Setsuko's cheeks warmed up and she grinned, "Let's go clear this entire festival of prizes!" Her grip tightened around Kyoya's and she started moving forwards, walking through the crowd and looking for the stand with the most prizes, and it wasn't hard to find it. The two of them stepped up to a large booth, at the front table there were fake rifles lined up, and along the back of the stall, a game of Shateki. Setsuko looked up at Kyoya and grinned as she pulled him towards the booth and slammed a few hundred yen down on the counter, "Come on, let's get this prize raiding started."

***

"Please, sir! If you keep playing, I'll run out of toys for the other festival goers!" The vendor begged as he looked in dread at the yen Setsuko just slammed down on the counter. "I can't restock this many prizes!"

Setsuko looked at the vendor, to the gun, to the prizes- or well- lack of prizes now. In the past ten minutes, Setsuko had managed to win just over half the prizes that were lined up on the back wall, and they were collecting in a pile beside her getting many stares from passerbys. She hummed and tilted her head. "I guess you're right."