Thoughts of a brother (Dick)

A/N: Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Arg," Dick groaned, clutching his stomach. Bruce's one kick had sent him flying into the wall across the room. Dick, from experience, knew one kick from Bruce could break all of his ribs, however that was human strength. What he was witnessing first hand was not human.

Bruce grabbed him by his hair, glaring into his eyes. "Richard Grayson.....how disappointing," Bruce - no - someone who looked like Bruce, punched the living daylights out of him. Dick regretted not listening to Danny and Dani. He could only hope the others could make it out of Gotham alive, if not in one piece.

Earlier:

Jason stormed out of the cave with Danny. Damian and Tim looked between Dick and Bruce. Dick clenched his hands as he avoided Bruce's eyes. Everything was too sudden. He had been too wishful and ignorant to the realities of the world. He thought, unlike himself, his brother had a better life.

A simple life in which he was a regular kid with a regular family. It was true the family had refused to allow Dick to meet his brother however it was also true that Dick didn't try his best. He simply thought it was for the best. He thought there was no need to burden his little brother with a painful truth as long as he was safe.

His brother had suffered more than he could imagine. He was in danger more times than Dick knew he could imagine. He had Bruce to guide him but did Danny have anyone? How scared must he have been after getting his powers? Dick was filled with guilt, regret and sadness. The life he had imagined his brother was living was nothing but his own illusion. As one of the best detectives, he failed. As a brother he failed.

"Richard-"

"No Bruce," He didn't want an explanation. He didn't want to hear another word. Dick thought Bruce had changed but it was clear that was not possible. Last time he did not tell him of his family's roots tied with the Court of the Owls. This time, he didn't tell him of his brother's powers. "I know you think you're right but if, even for a millisecond you had an ounce of trust in my abilities, please sign the papers I send you. It was a mistake to bring Danny here." It was his mistake to rely on Bruce.

"Jason's probably going to his....friend's apartment. I'm going to bring Danny's friend over." Dick needed time to compose his thoughts and gather his courage. He watched Tim and Damian follow after Jason before heading the other way. First thing tomorrow morning, he would go to his lawyer.

Perhaps it was because he was distracted by his thoughts, he didn't realize how quickly he had arrived at the hotel room's balcony. He knocked three times. "It's Nightwing." Sam quickly opened the door. "Thanks for the tips and equipment," Dick handed her the thermos.

"Where's Danny?" Sam seemed nervous.

"I am here to take you to him. There's a lot we have to talk about-"

"But we don't have time! Danny needs to leave Gotham!"

"What? Why-" Dick paused at the ringing of his com. "Hey Or-"

"Holy shit! Bruce really lost his mind! Turn on the news!" A cold shiver ran down his spine as he turned on the T.V. The remote dropped from his hand as he forgot to breathe.

"This just in, Gotham P.D is now on the lookout for Bruce Wayne's two adult sons. It is suspected they stole not only money but confidential Wayne Enterprises documents, possibly for blackmail and to sell to the company's competitors."

"Anyone who provides them with any information will be awarded $10,000."

He couldn't believe his ears. Cold sweat ran down Dick's forehead as he called Jason. He paced around the room, pulling at his hair.

Knock

Knock

Dick and Sam looked at each other, both heading to the balcony. "We should run." Dick jumped into the air at the new voice. A girl with silver hair and green eyes appeared in front of him. She looked like Danny.

"What? Wh-"

Knock

Knock

The aggressive knocking put a stop to his shock. He picked up Sam, grappling to the roof of the next building. He put her down before pointing to the new girl. She waved at him before two ring surrounded her body. She, like Danny, transformed into a teen girl. She was very much like Danny and him. His thoughts were all over the place.

"Hi, I'm Dani." Dick continued to stare at her with no words. He heard someone land beside him but did not turn. The more he learned of his brother's life, the more he realized how not normal it truly was.

"Wow. I'm not even surprised anymore." Jason patted Dick's back. "Congrats on the new sister and for a life on the run." 

A/N:

Thank you for reading. It has been so long since I posted but it feels good to write again. I hope everyone is doing well.

I can't believe it's almost December. Do you guys have any plans for the winter? I plan on mostly relaxing and re-reading my most favorite novel in the world, Trash of the Count's Family. 

❄☃️❄

Happy winters and be safe!

❄☃️❄