"Don't make promises you can't keep."

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

How hard could it be?

"We're waiting," Jason tapped his fingers on the balcony door. Danny gulped looking at the garden below. Mr. Grayson gave him a thumbs up from the ground. "Do you need a push?" Danny felt Jason come behind him. Danny looked at the pipe leading to the ground. He could try climbing down but he didn't know if it would support his weight. Clenching his shaking hands, he grabbed the pipe. 

"Danny, you don't have to do this," Mr. Grayson yelled from the ground. Mr. Grayson was ready to catch him at any moment. One slip and he would be there. 

"You could always tell the truth," Tim suggested. Yah. Danny could always tell them he was half dead. Was a ghost - Hero of Amity park. And then be thrown in a mental asylum or perhaps a laboratory. If he was lucky, an asylum. Danny was sure he heard Sam say there was an asylum in Gotham, Arc - something. Danny carefully gripped the pipe, slowly adjusting his weight on it. He climbed two centimeters down when he felt light tingles of current on his finger tips before feeling electricity course through his veins. He felt like he could blast the current out of his hands. Was this how an overcharged phone felt? Danny felt large hands loosen his grip on the pipe and then he felt the gravity pull him to the ground. But he never made impact with the surface. 

Danny felt like he had been resting forever as he opened his eyes. The ghost in him was instantly alert as he felt another presence.

"Good afternoon Master Danny. Will you be having lunch in your bedroom?" Danny was glad he did not ectoblast the intruder - Alfred. The man smiled at him, offering him a cup of water with painkillers. He did not need the pain killers thanks to his super healing but to avoid suspicion, he took them.

"What happened?" His voice was raspy, barley above a whisper. 

"The usual. One of my stubborn young masters decided to prove the impossible. It was rather amusing. Won't you say?" Danny blushed, hiding his face in the covers. How could he have missed the electric wires? From their confidence, he was sure there were  more than electrical wires securing the manor. But why? Did Bruce keep the occupants of the manor locked against their will? Danny grimaced recalling the tone Bruce used with Damian. He sunk further into the bed thinking of  the limousine, the Wayne enterprises signs and the gorgeous manor. These people were not like any ordinary humans he had encountered. Their complexity was beyond his comprehension. Bruce had contacts with the large man who saved his life - Red Hood. Danny did not know much about Gotham but he was sure that was not normal. He cursed his stupidity for thinking he could escape them. He doubted even a fly could escape these walls.  "As I thought. Master Dick has been waiting all day for you." Danny sighed he didn't want to see Mr. Grayson yet and he was not sure what Alfred had been saying. He didn't want to be impolite so he simply gave the man a thumbs up. 

After getting ready for the day and  looking for other security features with no luck, he made his way to the dining room. "Wanna give demonstration numero dos?" Jason playfully slapped Danny's head. Danny glared at him which only made Jason more cocky. "Aww the little brat's trying to be intimidating? How cute," Jason ruffled Danny's hair before passing him. "Lighten up kid."

Danny fixed his hair, continuing his walk. There was something about Jason's aura. "Hey Danny!" Tim ran past him. Before Danny could reply, Damian shoved him to the wall. 

"I will end you Drake!" Damian yelled as he heard shattering, screaming and the knife stabbing. He covered his ears, cursing his enhanced hearing. 

"Come on guys! I'm too exhausted for this." It was Mr. Grayson. Though Danny could not see them, he heard Mr. Grayson pull them apart. Danny sighed, getting up from the ground. It was now or never. "Danny..." Mr. Grayson avoided his eyes. Mr. Grayson raised his hand to ruffle Danny's hair but after what seemed like an internal struggle he put it down. "How are you?"

"Fine." Tim and Damian silently made their way out of the room. Danny knew they were hiding behind the door but said nothing. "So..S-So your...."

"I'm sorry Danny. I swear I didn't know and I'm not going to force anything on you. Just give us a chance," Mr. Grayson was pleading with eyes. Danny refused to accept his parents' betrayal but he also wanted to know the man who claimed to be his brother. Why would he lie? Mr. Grayson had a family, a home and money. There was nothing he could gain from Danny unless he knew of his powers. Could they be like the GIW?

"If your my brother then where have you been all this time? Why did you never reach out to me? Why did you not once visit me? Not a word for years?" Something was breaking and Danny had no idea how to stop it. This was his anger speaking but he could not stop his tongue. "Why?" Mr. Grayson had no right to barge into his life like it was nothing.

"Because you were happy!" Mr. Grayson made no effort to hide his tears as he dropped to the couch. "Do you think I didn't try? I never forgot you for a minute but I was a child left to fend for myself. Bruce adopted me but before he could do the same for you, the Fentons took you. They wanted you to be part of their family." Mr. Grayson locked eyes with Danny. "They never wanted for you to meet me." His eyes begged for him to believe him and Danny did. 

"And you let them?" Mr. Grayson didn't deserve the blame but then who did? 

"I didn't have a choice. You were happy. You had a family. You were safe. What more could I want for my little brother?" Danny could not hold back his tears. Finally, everything he had been suppressing made its way out. Danny punched Mr. Grayson in the jaw but the man did nothing to stop him. The boys abandoned their hiding place as Bruce, Alfred and Jason made their way to the commotion. 

"HAPPY? How do you know I was HAPPY? Family? How could you decide if they were the family I needed? They abandoned me the moment I could not be the son they wanted. Everyday I lived in fear! I pretended to be something I was not! I had a home? Who were you to decide that?" Danny punched him over and over but Mr. Grayson never raised a finger to stop him. Mr. Grayson's eyes held guilt, pain and pity. Danny didn't need any of it. What he needed- No wanted was a brother he could lean on. Some to protect him. "You wanna know the family I had? I had an older sister who tried her best to be my parent while the people who were suppose to love and care for me obsessed over their inventions. Inventions that would hurt me. Two best friends who would give their life for me. ............. I was happy in my own little world so why did you show up? Why couldn't you continue to live your life? Why couldn't things just go back to normal?" A large hand stopped his punch, pulling him off of Mr. Grayson. The man pulled him into a forced hug. The man's aura made Danny feel safe. His arms dropped to his side as his body lost all its strength. He didn't need to glance up to know it was Jason. 

"Danny?" Bruce ruffled Danny's hair, making him look at him. "Did they hurt you?" Danny wanted to say no but he couldn't. It was pointless. Bruce would see through it like he did last night. His silence was the only answer Bruce needed as he pulled him into a hug. "We won't let anyone hurt you ever again. Do you hear me Danny? That's a promise." 

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

A/N:

December is just around the corner and it's time for cheers. I'm looking forward to the snow and holiday fun. The movie marathons, hot chocolate and warm blankets. 

What about you guys? Any plans for the holidays/ winter? 

Like and comment!

☠👻☠

Be Safe!

.