Brother Grayson

Thank you for reading! And Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will do my best to not only meet but exceed your expectations. 

Enjoy!

"What is wrong with you people?" 

The room was pin drop silent as the boys stared at each other. Danny was used to people studying him but never had he felt anyone stare into his soul. Especially Jason. His aura and gaze made him both want to run and embrace him. Danny's enhanced hearing allowed him to hear the almost non existent footsteps coming their way but he didn't turn. He was frozen in his spot. The footsteps stopped in front of the entrance. A rough voice broke the deadly atmosphere. 

"Is this the silence before the storm? How big of an umbrella am I going to need?" It was a man larger and more built than Jason. His muscles hidden under his black suit. If Danny hadn't been hiding his own muscles, he would have never guessed. The man's cold blue eyes pierced through the three boys and then Danny. Danny almost turned intangible under the man's gaze. 

"Father," Damian nodded his head in respect. A small smile tugged Danny's lips. Perhaps the kid wasn't as cold as he acted.

"Damian." 

"Old man," Danny noted the sarcasm in Jason's voice, along with his tense shoulders. 

"Jason."

"Bruce," Tim gave a smile. 

"Tim." 

"Danny?" Danny cursed his mouth.

"Danny." Danny was surprised that the man used the same tone he used while greeting the others. The man didn't even raise an eyebrow at Danny's interruption. It was like Danny had always been there. "I have a lot of work to do so keep it down." The man - Bruce walked away. 

"I know that look! You're not adopted by Bruce!" Tim jumped from the couch. 

"Ttt As pathetic as always Drake."

"I'm betting a hundred bucks on the old man thinking he's one his," Jason shook his head. Danny opened his mouth to ask what he meant by 'one of his' but Tim beat him to it.

"If Bruce didn't adopt you.......then who are you?" Danny thought he saw the head of a gun in Jason's hand but he couldn't be sure. 

"I'm....Mr. Grayson's my temporary guardian and he sent me here." Damian Ttt-ed, Tim rubbed his eyes and Jason fell to the ground in a fit of laughter. 

"Mr. Grayson......ah that's good one," Jason wiped a tear. "Look kid, that man eats cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You expect us to believe that man child is your legal guardian?" Jason pulled out a gun, taking off the safety pin. "I don't mind shooting a kid." 

"Jason, put the gun down," Tim attempted to take the gun out of his hands. Danny looked at Damian for help but the boy gave him a devilish smile. Each time the gun aimed at Danny, he sucked in a breath. 

BANG

The bullet missed Danny's head by a centimeter. He covered his intangible hand. 

"What in the devil's name is going on here?" Alfred walked in. "I did not raise you to shoot a guest, especially when that guest is Master Danny." Jason quickly hid his gun, mummering an apology. Alfred scolded the boys but Danny couldn't hear anything but the ringing of the bullet. "Are you alright Master Danny?" Danny was anything but alright. He wanted to turn into his ghost half and fly far from this crazy manor. Go back to Amity park. 

"Your safe Danny," Bruce kneeled in front of him. He placed one hand on Danny's shoulder and used the other to show his breathing. "Breathe." He gestured for Danny to follow his example. "Come on bud, breathe." His cold blue eyes held more concern than he had expected. For a few minutes, Danny was confused by the man's actions until he realized he wasn't breathing. He was half ghost so he didn't need to breathe often; one heart beat every ten minutes but they didn't know that. So he pretended to follow along. "Good."

Danny saw the guilt in Jason's eyes as Jason looked anywhere but at him. Tim gave him an encouraging smile while Danny was sure Damian looked at him with concern. Only their breathing could be heard in the room. Danny looked at the entrance of the living room as he heard graceful footsteps heading their war. The footsteps sounded like a ballerina dancing. A man with the most beautiful blue eyes and blinding smile danced into the room. 

"Hey everyone." His voice held the same love and happiness as his eyes. He ruffled Tim and Damian's hair. Danny didn't miss the small smile Damian hid or how his body relaxed. He was beginning to understand what Alfred meant by 'share'. "DANNY!" Mr. Grayson engulfed him in a hug. Shock was one way to describe Danny's emotions. 

"Can't breathe....." He fake coughed. Jason pulled Mr. Grayson off of him. 

"I guess now is a good time as ever," Mr. Grayson looked at Bruce. Bruce returned his gaze with a small nod. "Guys, meet my brother, Daniel Fantom." 

"Brother?" Danny and the boys yelled in union. Mr. Grayson looked at him with confusion.

"Yah. My biological baby brother -"

"I'm not your brother unless my parents had you before Jazz. As far as I know, they only have two kids; Jazz and I." Danny knew he was shouting but Mr. Grayson was just his guardian not his brother. 

"I'm sorry Danny. I thought Mr and Mrs Fanton told you -"

"Told me what? You're my temporary legal guardian. I'm going back to Amity park in a few months and then we'll have nothing to do with each other." Danny saw the hurt in Mr. Grayson's eyes but it was the truth.

"I'm sorry Danny. I wish I didn't have to tell you like this.................Bruce is your legal guardian until you turn nineteen -" 

"No No NO! You're lying! Mom and Dad would never do that! You're all crazy !" Danny knew if he stayed any longer, he would use his ghost wail. He ran to his room slamming his door. They said they needed time. His parents loved him. They just needed time. Danny's world was shattering and he could do nothing but cry. 

He needed to get out of the manor.  He needed to fly and clear his head. He transformed into his other half, flying away from the manor. 

Brother Grayson was - Danny cursed himself for even considering the man his brother.

Mr. Grayson was a liar. 

Jason tried to shoot him.

Damian hated him. 

The manor was a madhouse and Danny needed to escape it.

A/N: 

Like and comment!

☠👻☠

Be safe!