5

Dream dragged his fork across his plate mindlessly. It was difficult to simultaneously enjoy his meal while keeping an eye on George. But he couldn't take his eyes away from the Brit.

George was sitting opposite Dream, both of them having taken the last two chairs at the end of the table, considering they were a bit late due to George's sleepiness.

George smiled nervously as he took a bite. He seemed happy enough, but Dream worried. Every small dip in George's smile, every time George glanced at his phone... Dream pursed his lips.

 It was strange to have George here. In his childhood home. With his family.

It didn't help that Drista continued to stare the duo down from across the table, eyes narrowing menacingly. Dream gulped when Drista smirked with a wicked glint in her eye, stabbing her green beans with a fork a little too intensely for Dream's taste. She was plotting something.

"So George," Drista began easily, lifting a hand to twirl her hair. "What's it like in London? I've always wanted to visit."

"Oh, well, you know it's nice and all that," George spoke softly. "It's been nice out weather-wise. Lately I haven't been doing much- just going to the park and visiting the shops."

"Do you get recognized often?" Drista asked breezily, pointing her fork in her brother's direction. "Since Dream's faceless he never gets recognized."

"Um, a bit," George said, folding his arms together. "It's not usually too bad. If I'll be honest, though I've been out and about a bit more lately, I don't usually get out all that much."

Drista nodded as if she had expected it, taking a small sip of water. "Man sometimes I think it would be cool to be famous. Do you like being famous George? Do you have millions of adoring fans? Have you ever gotten anything for free? I've tried to make Dream get us free food before. I told him, just show them your sub count but he's so boring-"

"Alright Drista, that's enough," Dream's mom said, reaching her hand out to gently pat Drista's arm. Drista grumbled, returning to eating her meal. "I think George has been grilled enough for one day. I'm sure he's very tired after travelling."

George smiled. "It's alright ma'am. I am a bit tired, but I slept for a while at Dream's house."

Dream's mom nodded. "I'm glad you were able to get some rest before coming here. I hope my son's been treating you well."

Dream's mom eyed her son, causing Dream to smile sheepishly.

"Of course I have Mom. What do you take me for?"

Dream winced inwardly. He hadn't honestly been the best host for George. She should take me for an awful human being who can't realize and respect George's boundaries. God, I knew I was being to forward with him...

"He has been very kind to me," George said, before pausing. "Thus far."

"It's only a matter of time," Drista sighed, shaking her head.

Dream spluttered. "A matter of time until what?"

Drista picked up her fork suddenly, aiming it for the boys' end of the table. "A matter of time until Dream forks you!"

"Drista!" Dream's mom gasped. "I think you should clear the table young lady and go get the stuff for dessert. Good God George, I swear I didn't raise her like this. You'd think she's some crazy demon child."

Drista groaned, standing up to take her plate to the sink.

George couldn't help but laugh. "She's fine ma'am, don't worry about it."