11

After sneaking downstairs and barely managing to evade fans, the feral boys had made it to the hotel restaurant. To George's relief, the restaurant thankfully had a specific section set aside for content creators.

George couldn't have been more relieved when they got their own space away from most of the crowds. He could enjoy his food in peace.

The others chattered around him easily, while George sat quietly and listened. It was strange. Normally, over Discord he'd have no problem yelling or talking over people. But in real life, he kept his mouth shut.

Dream would nudge him every once in a while, trying to get him to join the conversation.

The contact burned. Everything seemed to nowadays. George's mind flashed back to when Dream had led him down the restaurant, shielding him from the people at the convention, speaking to him softly, looking at him with his big, green, sad eyes at the coffee shop... All the pain George had inflicted. It made him feel sick to his stomach to think about how he had hurt him.

So George had let Dream hold his hand, even though it hurt. George let Dream smile and hug him, even though it dug the knife deeper into George's heart.

A deep sense of loss enveloped George, even though he hadn't technically lost anything. He was still friends with Dream.

But was friendship worth this pain that ate George from the inside out? Would it be better to reveal his feelings and come clean, for better or for worse?

No, I can't tell him. Dream would hate me. It's easier to allow this pain than to lose my best friend...

"What do you think George?" Dream questioned, taking a sip of his Dr Pepper.

"Think about what?" George asked, startled out of his thoughts.

Sapnap laughed. "What do you think about going to Disney after Vidcon with Dream and I?"

George blinked. "Disneyland?"

"No, Disney World," Sapnap said. "When we go back to Dream's house."

George pursed his lips. They had been planning to go back to Dream's house after Vidcon and spend a week together before George went back to London, but he'd been trying to avoid thinking about it. Especially since he was preoccupied with his current troubles.

Of which he had many.

"I don't know..."

"Come on George," Dream practically whined. "Just think, after my face reveal we can do whatever we want. I can buy us a tour guide and everything, we can skip all the lines. It would be so much fun."

"Alright," George let out a small sigh. "I guess that would be fun."

Sapnap let out a cheer before stuffing his face with mashed potatoes.

"This is gonna be awesome!"

~~ Timeskip

George held his breath, his nerves skyrocketing.

Though his anxiety was through the roof, it was really Dream that should be primarily nervous. It was him who was going to be revealing what he looked like to the world.

And the world was cruel.

For the first time since George had met Dream in real life, the blonde's confidence began to falter. They stood right outside the stage door, listening to the loud talking and laughing of excited fans.

Dream still wore his mask and glasses.

"We go on in a few minutes, Dream," George whispered. He reached his hand out and gently laced his fingers through Dream's giving his hand a quick squeeze. While it caused the butterflies in his stomach to practically eat through his skin, George pushed his feelings aside. This was about Dream, not him. "How are you holding up?"