15

**RECAP**

"Is everything okay, Dream?" George questioned, obviously noticing Dream's frantic state.

"Yeah, it's just-" Dream stuttered. "Drista had an asthma attack and she's in the hospital. I'm going home."

~~

"Oh my god is Drista okay?" George asked worriedly.

"She's- no, she's fine," Dream stuttered. "But I can't do this. I need to go home and make sure she's okay. I can't-"

George, for once, reached out to Dream. He rubbed small circles on his back while Dream clamped his eyes shut, pressing his knuckles to his face.

"I'm sorry," George whispered. "That must have been so scary for you."

"I... well," Dream stammered. "When my mom said 'everything's fine but...' I think my heart stopped for a second. She tried to play it off as not as serious as it was so I wouldn't worry."

"Your mom cares about you a lot, Dream," George said. "I think she just wants what's best for you."

"And sometimes she doesn't know what's best for me," Dream said, letting out a snort. "Now I'd better head back to the hotel room, I have a plane ticket to book."

"Let me come with you to Florida."

The words were out of George's mouth before he could stop them. Before he could clamp his lips together and watch wordlessly as Dream slipped away, yet again. His heart hammered loudly in his chest, hands shaking at the prospect of leaving on a plane with Dream.

Dream hesitated. "No, George. I couldn't ask that of you. Stay here and see everyone-"

"But I don't want to see everyone." George's eyes darkened as he sucked in a small breath. "I want to stay with you."

Dream smiled. "I don't deserve you."

"At least you've got one thing right."

Dream rolled his eyes, laughing as waved a server over to get a box for the rest of his food. George followed suit, and before he knew it he was sitting cross legged on Dream's bed, eager to book a flight.

"Wow, they actually have a flight leaving in a couple hours. The tickets would be crazy expensive, but we would be able to get back quicker. It might be easier-"

"Book it."

Dream nodded as George flopped back on the bed, peering curiously over Dream's shoulder as the man bought the tickets.

George's mouth dropped open. "You're paying that much?!"

Dream only laughed. "It pays to be rich."

After a bit, George headed back to his hotel room which felt cold and empty without Dream. It felt strange to have gotten so used to being around the man to the point where it felt like losing oxygen without him.

George frowned. His crush was getting out of hand. The borderline obsession was creeping back up again, and he knew it would only worsen when they were together. On a plane alone. At Dream's house alone.

He had been planning on- no, counting on Sapnap's presence when they went to Florida, but now it would just be the two of them until Sapnap joined them after Vidcon. George hated how his heart twisted in anticipation. How every time he closed his eyes he had visions of floofy blonde hair, green eyes, and a tea kettle wheeze.

George began stuffing his things in a duffle bag, frantically getting ready so they could head out to their uber and not miss their flight.

~~~