10

Somehow, the nerves this time were even worse.

Dream attempted to relax back in his chair, closing his eyes as he listened to the pop music on in the background of the coffee shop. Sapnap was sipping his cold brew, typing something out on his phone.

Of course Sapnap was chill waiting for George. To Sapnap, they were just meeting up with a friend. That's all it was. That's all it should be.

Even if I haven't talked to George since that one awkward discord call where he hung up on me.

Dream was not usually the type to take stuff to heart, but with George everything seemed different. Everything felt different.

Dream's heart began to race when he somehow spotted the brunette out the front glass windows, walking towards the coffee shop. The brunette was wearing his black jacket with a tan shirt underneath, and surprisingly enough had on some round circular glasses.

George paused for a moment outside the shop to straighten his jacket. He then, as if stalling, pulled out his phone to check the time.  Dream's heart clenched. His breathing stalled.

Had George always looked so put together? What was with the glasses and extra floofy hair that Dream's fingers itched to run through?

Is it normal for a friend to want to run their hands through their friend's hair?

"George!" Sapnap exclaimed as the Brit walked through the door of the coffee shop. George laughed while Sapnap ran forward, pulling him into a hug.

Dream stood back, watching the two embrace.

"Sapnap, stop you're causing a scene," George laughed, patting his friend on the back. Despite what he had said, the brunette didn't seem to mind Sapnap's hug. "I'm so happy to finally see you in person."

"Me too Gogy. We're going to have so much fun," Sapnap said stepping back before letting out a high pitched screech of excitement.

George paused, smiling slowly. "Did you just squeal Sapnap?"

Sapnap winced. "No, of course not."

Dream watched intently, waiting. Slowly, George's attention turned from Sapnap towards the taller blonde. Dream held his breath, anxiously waiting for a reaction.

Finally, a small smile grew over George's face.

"Hey Dream. Long time no see."

Dream's heart burst as he reached forward, pulling George into a tight hug. Had he always smelt so good? Like peppermint?

George coughed after a second, pressing his hands into Dream's chest and gently pushing back. The hug hadn't lasted nearly as long as Sapnap's, but at this point Dream would take what he could get.

"Well, we better get going and put our stuff in the hotel. We don't want to be late," George said.

"Sure," Sapnap nodded. "And here's your drink George. A dark chocolate mocha."

George took the drink gently, taking small sips so he wouldn't burn his tongue. He's so cute.

Dream frowned. Where had that thought come from?

Before he could allow himself to dwell on it, Dream grabbed George's suitcase, pulling the door open to distract himself from his thoughts.

"Right this way," Dream said.

"Thank you," George replied easily as they stepped outside.

"So, how was the plane ride?" Sapnap asked, his arm reaching out to wrap around George's shoulder while they walked towards the rental car. "I'm sure you're feeling tired."