Chapter 1

"I'm surprised he's not bald," Rintarou says. The three men are crowded into the bathroom of the new Suna house. Atsumu wears just his boxers, and a towel over his shoulders while he sits on a stool.

"It was Samu's idea to bleach it in the first place," Atsumu grumbles as he runs his hand through his hair. He's going to miss the blonde.

"When we were like fifteen," Osamu says, kicking his brother's shin lightly. "I didn't expect ya to keep doing it for the next twelve years. You shoulda stopped after high school like I did."

"If you guys are going to fight can you do it somewhere that's not our bathroom?" Rintarou got used to the twins fighting a long time ago. As much as Atsumu wants to dislike him for taking his brother away he really can't bring himself to do it. If anything he'd probably consider Rintarou his best friend outside of the agency.

"Can we just get this over with?" Atsumu tries to grab the box of brown hair dye from the counter but Osamu swipes it before he can.

"Why are you going back to brown now anyway?" Rintarou hops up onto the counter and slips his phone from his pocket, probably to scroll through his Instagram for the millionth time that day. Atsumu and Osamu meet each other's eyes quickly as the lie slips from Atsumu's lips.

"Work says I need to look professional for a business trip," he rolls his eyes as he says it. Osamu opens the dye box and puts on the gloves provided. He hands the box to Rintarou who takes it without moving his eyes from his phone. Atsumu watches as his brother mixes the dye into the bottle. He'd rather keep his blonde hair but Osamu had quit dying his hair years ago. Now that he was retired from Fukurodani, Atsumu had to step into the undercover roles that he'd left behind.

For a few years now Osamu had taken a more passive role at the agency. Working only short undercover assignments to limit the time he spent away from home. There was just too much risk of being found out when he lived with his fiance. He'd opened his own chain of restaurants a few years ago and they were doing really well. He'd used his need to travel to each one to watch over the operations as his reason for the trips but it just wasn't enough. When Rintarou had proposed it was clear that the lies wouldn't work anymore. Osamu had decided to take the way out that Fukurodani had offered them years ago as children.

He was 'retired' as an agent. Fukurodani will watch him for the rest of his life, especially when Atsumu visits him. He'll never really be free of the agency but there's no more missions for him to go on, no new lies to tell. As far as Rintarou is concerned the twins were foster children that moved around a lot as kids until they were adopted by the Kita family, while in reality, they had been child spies until Fukurodani had ended the program after the incident with the castle.

"You should give your hair a break after this," Rintarou suggests as Osamu begins applying the dye to his brother's hair. Atsumu closes his eyes and tries not to think about anything.

"It'd be pretty funny if he went bald," Osamu muses.

"I'm not gonna go bald, I'll probably keep it brown for a while anyway but I'm kinda attached to the blonde now," Atsumu resists the urge to scratch an itch on his head.

"You were not blonde. That was like piss yellow. Go to a professional next time you do it," Rintarou grins at something on his phone and taps away at the screen.

"You ain't gotta be so rude." Atsumu tries to reach out to kick at him but just gets a smack to the head with the brush from his brother.

"Don't hit my husband." Osamu scolds.

"You're my twin, you're supposed to take my side!" he snaps at him.

"I'm his husband. He actually got to choose me," Rintarou reminds, not that Atsumu actually needs the reminder. He's very aware of the fact. Osamu makes him tilt his head down while he makes sure he covers all of the bleached strands with dye.