Chapter 4

I sat on the sofa eating my chocolate when I got a message from Amy.

'I just remembered I forgot to put the kids to bed could you put them to bed for me?'

'Sure thing'

I put my phone down tho I picked it back up and checked the time it was around 8:30 so I went straight to the little girl's room and opened the door.

She was laying on the floor asleep as it seemed she was tired. I cleared up her things put her to bed and turned off the lights.

I went to the boys' room and opened the door.

they were sitting in their beds watching TV. I told them to get ready for bed and go to bed. And they did surprisingly.

They got up and went to brush their teeth. They got their pyjamas on.

I shut the door and walked back over to the sofa. I opened my phone and messaged Amy. I told her that I had put the kids to bed and she was happy.

I carried on watching TV. I was flicking through the channels and decided to stop on the true-crime channel. It was quite interesting to hear about how people murder their families but it wasn't for me. I get bored of flicking through the channels so I turn off the TV and open my phone I have few messages from a group chat but they are unimportant so I ignore them. I scroll through social media as the time speeds by.

It's around 10 pm when Amy messages me.

'Hi, would you be able to pick me up? Me and the girls have had a few drinks and they are all getting cabs. If you cant get me ill just get one too.'

'Sure when should I leave?'

'Well, I was thinking about say 10:30?'

'I can do that ill be there soon

'Thank you, your such a sweetheart' 

She called me a sweetheart and that made me go all red. I calmed myself down and got ready to leave; my boots take ages to tie up.

As I grabbed my keys it turned 10:25. I wanted to be early so that she wouldn't have to wait alone if her friends had left before her. 

It took about 40 minutes because of traffic. 

I got to the pub she was at and parked my car. I walked inside after locking it up, I saw Amy sitting at the bar with some of what I presumed were her friends. I walked up to her and said hi. 

"Welp. This is my ride home so ill be going now" She said picking up her bag and waved bye to her friends. 

We turned around and started walking out to my car. I could tell she was quite intoxicated as she was walking funny. 

"Thank you again for picking me up. I really hate cabs" she said in a droopy voice.

"Its really no problem at all" I replied

I unlocked my car and she got in the passenger seat. I got in and started the car. I looked over at her and she kissed my cheek. I was shocked.

"Your such a darling," she said while smiling at me.

"T-thank you," I said. I trembled over my words which was embarrassing 

She lent over to hug me then kissed my cheek again. I looked over at her and she was looking away, she was red, I started the car and I started driving. We were driving for about 10 minutes when she asked me to pull over. 

"I'm sorry for kissing you it was just... I wasn't thinking straight" she sounded disappointed in herself. I wasn't. I had fallen in love with her. I took hold of her cheek and kissed her. She grabbed my head then pulled back.

"Let's get home and we can take this somewhere more private" She had the tone in her voice that told me she was in a flirty mood. 

I drove home as quick as I could.