Chapter one

🅞🅝🅔

🅞🅝🅔

"Jung Saeri, you must be wondering why I called you here" The principal says as she puts down a file on the desk making the  girl wonder.

"You must be aware of the interschool competitions that happens once in 3 years. You know,
The ones where students go and represent their schools in fields such as academics ,sports,  singing, etc" The principal now stands up walking towards the girl.

"Iland " The principal exclaims.

"Land of opportunities"

"Yes , and I want you to represent our school this time. I hope to hear no negative answers" The principal adds again.

"You want me to compete?" Saeri chuckles.

You see,it was kind of ironic.  Saeri had always been a good student,  a creative one at that. She always ranked in the top 5 of her class. Was quiet a good debater and also had a passion for dancing. But what threw her under the bus was how people thought of her.

"If you had worked a little harder,you would've scored better "
"If you had done it the opposite way it would have been much more interesting "
"You are good but I think you lack"
She always scoffs when thinking about it. If someone were to give a compliment, why would they give it in such a backhanded manner? If she was lacking,why wouldn't someone help her improve rather than just criticising her.

"Yes of course,I think it would be a great opportunity don't you think?" Her principal asks before sitting on her chair again.

"What if I don't want to do it?" Saeri asks.

Her principal chuckles at the girl
"Well it is upto you, but do you know the benefits you would get after winning the competition?" Her principal looks at her before continuing,

"80 percent scholarship at ivy league colleges "

Saeri looks at her principal.  She smiles at how her principal knew exactly what  to do to  convince her.

Seeing the doubt in the girl's face, her principal only continues,

"And plus, Yang Jungwon is going to be there"
She raised her head at the name.

How much can a person whom she never met affect her?
Yang Jungwon, who didn't know him? A young athlete from a prestigious high-school , smart,diligent and what not.  To add in the list,his high-school was also their rival school.
Saeri and Jungwon had never met each other but Saeri had heard alot about him.
'The winners are:
Second place-Jang Saeri
First place-Yang Jungwon'
That's what her 5 grade online debate competition read.

That's when it all started,every competition she entered Yang Jungwon ,the name was heard.

"I'll do it" Saeri says,
Of course she would agree to it, firstly she would get to meet the person or the reason you might say for her to always rank second.
Secondly,she can prove that she can rank higher than Yang Jungwon.

"Great! The competition starts in 10 days. Make sure to be in your best behaviour, after all you are representing us"

○○○○○○○○

"This way,please" The person led the way.

They were at the venue where she would be staying for the time being and compete.

The person led her to a room which contained of 21 more girls.

All of them stood up and bowed.

"The last girl participant, Jung Saeri of Saint Xaviers School"
The person,who seemed like the mc announced.

Saeri looked around the room,examining everyone there.
'Everyone is from prestigious schools'
She thinks,

Her school compared to the others wasn't as big. Her school instead was known for having brilliant students who excel at academics. After all her school used to choose students based on their brains rather than their wealth . Meaning that only few hundreds of students would get chosen among thousands.

The room was silent listening to the person speaking about all the rules of the competition.
"Welcome to Iland,where your dreams can turn into something big.
In the upcoming weeks,I want you guys to realize how valuable your time is and try your best"

The person went on as everyone kept calm,

"Let's me assign you to your rooms,
Lee Mina
Park Ahyeon
Jung Saeri
Lee Suhyeon
Sim Yoojeong"

5 of them follow the man who was infront of them as he led them to a room.
"I wonder where the boys are?" One of them asks

"I wonder too,
Oh right,Hi! I am Lee Suhyeon" The girls replies

"Lee Mina for Seoul high" Another cute girl introduces.

"Ahyeon Park here" Another introduced ,
Similarly,everyone had introduced themselves.

"While we are here,let's have great time" Mina says as the rest 5 nods.

"Can someone come with me downstairs? I want to get something from the reception.It's just that,it's my first time here and would be quiet awkward if I go alone" Yoojeong asks.

"Sure,I want to look around as well " Saeri answers and the two girls walk downstairs together.

"I will go the reception , you can looks around"Yoojeong says and the other hums saying OK.

Saeri walks,looking around until she notices a strange middle aged man standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Sir? Do you need smthg?" She asks but gets no respond.

"Excuse me?" She calls out again but again,no answer.

The man starts walking away while Saeri just finds it weird and let's it slide ,it wasn't her business anyway.

A while later she notices something on the ground,a wallet. Did he drop this?

"Sir your wallet!" She shouts before picking it up but that man starts running.
Sighing, she runs after him to return his belonging.

"Why is he running?" She asks herself while still following him.

With her running, the only sound heard in the hallways was her footsteps . That was until she heard another footsteps coming from the opposite direction.
The man had went to the right side,so ofcourse she went the same way too.
While taking the turn she came face to face with another person,who was also running.
Both had a shook face as they leaned a little back and slowed down their steps to avoid any kind of physical touch.

That was unsuccessful as the guy stumbled and placed both of his hands on the walls for support resulting the girl to be in between his arms

"Oof" He signs in relief.
The girl was still shook and the guy who was looking at her had a similar expression as well.

"Hi?" She asks more like telling himself to get off.
"Can't you watch where you are going?" He asks leaving the girl surprised as that was not the answer she was looking for.

"Same question applies for you" She says again.

"YAH!" Someone screamed from the side.

"Oh hyung! Coming" He says letting her go.

"Watch where you are going next time" He warns her .

"Yang Jungwon! Can you come faster? It's getting late" The man screams while the other guy runs towards him.

'Yang Jungwon? I have heard this name somewhere' She thinks until it hits her.

'OF COURSE,THE YANG JUNGWON' She looks back to find the guy walking to a group of  other guys .